Senior Transfer Records Assistant
Summary of the Position
The Senior Transfer Records Assistant (STRA) is a member of both the Transfer Admission and Operations teams. The primary responsibility of the STRA is to support the mission of the University by providing timely and accurate transfer credit evaluations to maximize the recruitment and enrollment of admitted transfer students.
Responsibilities related to the primary objective for the Senior Transfer Records Assistant are:
- Review student transcripts from multiple institutions to determine transferability of courses to Bentley University, ensuring accuracy and conformity to University academic requirements. Review advanced standing credits for First Year students.
- Monitor the status of credit evaluations and request appropriate information needed to complete the evaluation and communicate transfer credit decisions to admitted students, including sending information to academic departments for next-level decisions.
- Maintain and update the database (currently Banner) with accurate transfer credit and advanced standing credit information for each applicant.
- Maintain the transfer credit database as new courses are evaluated or to reflect changes in the Bentley curriculum.
- Coordinate with Academic Advising and the Registrar's Office to ensure accuracy of transfer credit evaluations.
- Establish and cultivate effective working relationships with internal and external constituencies including students, their parents, faculty, staff, and administrative staff at other colleges and universities. Provide high-quality customer service.
- Represent the University, on occasion, at both on- and off-campus events including information sessions and open houses.
- Coordinate with the Transfer Records Assistant and Transfer Admission Counselors to ensure efficient records management for all undergraduate admission applicants and consistent customer service.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Requirements)
- Assist in training, monitoring and supervising seasonal temporary staff as well as student employees to ensure quality control standards are met.
- Provide updates to credit evaluations for transfer students.
- Complete a Degree Requirement Summary (DRS) for those students transferring in with 45 or more credits.
- Assist with other duties in support of the Undergraduate Admission Operations unit when not completing transfer credit evaluations, including, but not limited to, scanning, correspondence/mailings, data input, report generation, etc.
Associate's degree or at least two years of college. A minimum of 1 year of experience in transfer credit evaluation or related work in a college setting. Familiarity and competency using Microsoft products. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, excellent follow through and customer service skills, and demonstrated ability to work efficiently within a team environment. Ability to communicate clear and accurate information, both written and verbal, to external and internal constituents. Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, and flexibility to perform multiple tasks throughout the day. Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier.
Experience in operations in a college admission office.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Bentley University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com