Research Analyst, Office of Research, Planning & Institutional Effectiveness
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 4/3/2018
The Office of Research is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Research Analyst.
Mission College is located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
To perform a variety of highly skilled professional work in the design and conducting of research and analysis projects, identifying data sources, and extracting and analyzing data in support of an assigned campus department or division; and to provide professional level technical support to end users and an assigned supervisor.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of May 7, 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $6643 –$7276 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 75, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 10 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, coordinate, conduct and analyze administrative and operational analysis and studies; conduct qualitative research; recommend solutions based on findings.
- Design, develop, and coordinate implementation and evaluation of departmental administrative and operational systems and procedures.
- Maintain the assigned website; research request work order system and prioritize requests; monitor research office budget, including managing purchase orders.
- Create and maintain databases from a variety of internal and external sources; monitor development and input of data.
- Interpret, evaluate and clarify research requests to determine data sources and informational sources.
- Conduct focus groups; give oral presentations.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve inquiries on external and internal research data from both internal and external sources.
- Monitor and analyze changes to laws, regulations, and procedures relative research projects; interpret, explain, and disseminate information on pertinent regulations to administrators, faculty and staff; fulfill external reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership and coordination of assigned research projects; liaison with other district and/or college departments and divisions, faculty and administrators to ensure updated information is available and presented on web site.
- Coordinate, review work of, and collaborate with, technical and administrative support staff and students.
- Provide support for college planning process; coordinate information and resources for department administrators and faculty.
- Prepare, administer, analyze and maintain a variety of college reports and surveys.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Two years of responsible statistical and research experience.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, statistics, social science, computer science, or a related field.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...