South Orange County Community College District
Initial Screening Date 03/01/2018
Starting salary is $4,575.00/month
The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits to eligible employees, which includes medical and dental insurance, a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and a long-term disability income-protection plan. All premiums are fully paid by the District. Mandatory retirement incentive is with California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Under direction from assigned supervisor, performs a variety of complex, technical, and paraprofessional duties involved in support of District employee benefits programs including insurance, enrollment, eligibility, and orientation functions; provides consultation, technical assistance and liaison services related to employee benefits, and other assigned areas; provides administrative and clerical support to administrative staff; and may provide assistance to other departmental staff as needed.
- Fundamental principles and practices of benefit administration including insurance, enrollment, eligibility, and orientation functions.
- Methods, practices, terminology and procedures used in benefits administration.
- Employee benefit packages and insurance programs.
- Employee benefits enrollment practices and procedures.
- Mathematical principles.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Principles and procedures of confidential record keeping and filing.
- District benefit policies and procedures.
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations pertaining to benefit administration operations and practices, COBRA, and related areas.
- Perform a variety of technical and paraprofessional duties related to the benefits function.
- Provide technical training, information and assistance to others concerning benefit laws, policies and procedures.
- Administer and assist in implementing District employee benefits programs and coordinate the daily functions of the fringe benefits program.
- Provide consultation to employees concerning employee benefits programs, insurance, and eligibility.
- Review, evaluate, and determine eligibility and benefit amount.
- Enroll, add, and delete employees to and from various benefit plans.
- Review, process, verify, and evaluate a variety of forms and applications.
- Conduct benefit orientations for new employees.
- Serve as a liaison between personnel, administrators, and various outside agencies.
- Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Interpret and apply applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Compile data, maintain records and files, and participate in the preparation of administrative or technical reports.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Equivalent to two years of college level course work in human resources, business administration or a related field.
Two years of employee benefits experience.
License or Certificate:
Possession of a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist certificate is desirable.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Please visit the Districtís Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.†
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.†
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...