Office of Planning, Research, & Institutional Assessment
Anne Arundel Community College
The Research Analyst is responsible for supporting the research and evaluation agenda of the Office of Planning, Research, and Institutional Assessment. The analyst will design and complete evaluation studies and prepare ad hoc reports. A focus of this position is to provide in depth analytical and statistical expertise and to summarize and present results to inform policy development and decision-making.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Use relevant and appropriately sophisticated research methods to conduct research and analysis.
• Create data visualization using Tableau to support college reporting and analysis to support data based decision making.
• Design and complete analysis to support the AACC Strategic Plan initiatives.
• Assist the college community in identifying resources to support assessment initiatives including development and data analytics.
• Support ad hoc data requests received by the office.
• Produce a variety of regular and ad hoc reports as assigned.
• Provide consultative services within the college as needed in the areas of survey design, analysis and presentation.
• Respond to requests for information from internal and external sources as assigned.
• Perform special projects as assigned by the Dean
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6-12 credit hours in statistics or research methodology required or with working knowledge of predictive analytics.
Minimum of five (5) years of work experience, with higher education experience required or related evaluation experiences.
Experience working with large data sets required.
Strong computer skills, including considerable experience with statistical analysis software such as SPSS and SAS, are required.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Experience in analysis using an integrated relational database environment, preferred.
• Experience with Tableau software (or similar visualization software) strongly preferred.
• Experience in developing and making presentations.
• Ability to gather, compile, and analyze research data in a variety of formats.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex analysis to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to respond to information requests quickly and on short notice.
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to details and deadlines.
• Ability to maintain state-of-the-art technical skills.
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com