Endowed Nursing Research Chair in Aging
University of Alberta
Competition No. - A102333524
Closing Date - Will remain open until filled.
The Faculty of Nursing is seeking an outstanding research leader to fill the position of Endowed Nursing Research Chair in Aging.
The successful candidate will have excellent leadership qualities and a strong research program, as well as the ability to create and lead an integrated research team and attract outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, research associates and faculty members to the University. The expectation is that the Chair will promote collaborative research, develop and maintain an internationally recognized program of translational research in gerontology, and establish effective links with clinical settings and community groups. The Chair will also be the Director of the Innovations in Seniors Care Research Unit at the Faculty of Nursing. Qualified applicants will hold a PhD and be eligible to be registered as a nurse in the Province of Alberta. The Chair will be appointed for a five-year term and will be hold a continuing (tenure-track) faculty appointment that would continue after the Chair appointment.
The Faculty of Nursing at the University of Alberta is a vibrant community with a rich history. Ranked as one of the top nursing schools in Canada and internationally, the Faculty holds the distinction of being the first Canadian member institute of the National Harford Center for Gerontological Nursing Excellence. Home to three Canada Research Chairs, the Faculty of Nursing encourages and supports a diversity of research programs and expertise. In addition, the Faculty is committed to supporting a high quality teaching environment and has one of the largest graduate nursing programs in Canada. To learn more about what the Faculty of Nursing can offer you, please visit us at www.nursing.ualberta.ca.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Providing leadership in the advancement of a world class research program in aging at the University of Alberta
- Leveraging research excellence at the University of Alberta by building national linkages to accelerate translation of new knowledge related to aging into best practices
- Promoting collaborative research across disciplines, build on strengths and utilizing the existing resources available at the University of Alberta
- Engaging in efforts to attract outstanding students, research associates, and faculty members to the University of Alberta to participate in translational research relating to aging and supporting research development in the Faculty of Nursing at the University of Alberta
- Participate in fundraising and promotional activities conducted by the Faculty of Nursing, as required
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- An RN (or eligibility for registration as a registered nurse) and a PhD are required
- A strong reputation and proven leadership in the field of Aging research with demonstrated success and productivity in dissemination of research
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for applied research encompassing research
- Success in applying for grant funding with the intention to further enhance research and education
- Proven success in attracting and mentoring undergraduate students, graduate students and post-doctoral fellows
- Visionary leader with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationship that bring a variety of stakeholders
- Establishment of effective links with community groups that have an interest in aging with the goal to work collaboratively and actively link research with practice
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Candidates are invited to submit their curriculum vitae, a statement outlining research interests and major contributions, reprints of at least two representative research papers, a teaching dossier, and the names of three referees to:
Greta Cummings, PhD, RN
Professor and Dean
Faculty of Nursing
3rd floor, Edmonton Clinic Health Academy
Edmonton, AB T6G 1C9
To assist the University in complying with mandatory reporting requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (R203(3) (e)), please include the first digit of your Canadian Social Insurance Number in your application. If you do not have a Canadian Social Insurance Number, please indicate this in your application.
Interested applicants may apply to:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of Alberta and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers-Canada.com or www.AcademicCareers.com or www.UniversityJobsCanada.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Chair of the Search Committee
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Chair of the Search Committee
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...