Interim Program Director I, Foster & Kinship Care Education
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 12/11/2017
The Division of Career Programs and Workforce Development is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Interim Program Director, for the Foster and Kinship Care Education (FKCE) program.
West Valley College, though just minutes from the heart of the Silicon Valley, is in a beautiful park-like setting on 143 wooded acres. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to plan, organize and direct the activities of an assigned program within a campus department; to coordinate program activities with other divisions or departments; and to provide highly responsible technical support to the Dean of Career Programs and Workforce Development.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of January 29, 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This is a classified administrator position. This interim position is expected to extend through June 30, 2018, or until filled.
Work Location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
- Hiring Salary: $102,815 annually (Administrative Salary Schedule, Program Director I-Student Programs classification, Range 15, Step A).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- CalPERS retirement.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Experience – Five years of increasingly responsible professional experience related to area of assignment, including one year of supervisory responsibility.
3. Education – Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to area of assignment.
License & Certificate
- May need to possess an appropriate, valid California driver’s license as required by the position.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer, develop, organize, coordinate, implement and supervise the operations and activities of an assigned program.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned program; implement improvements and modifications; collect and compile data and prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Lead and manage budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; monitor and control expenditures; assure compliance with expenditure guidelines.
- Consult with faculty and administrators to assist in improved delivery of program services to students.
- Contact, coordinate and liaison with outside agencies and organizations related to the program.
- Represent the department at outside events and activities related to the program; serve on district and community boards and committees as needed.
- Plan, develop and oversee the work of technical and clerical staff involved in program support.
- Participate in the selection of staff; coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; recommend discipline; implement discipline procedures as directed.
- Recruit, hire, orient, contract, and schedule contract employees and/or instructors.
- Locate funding sources and author grant applications; manage grant reporting requirements and projects funded through grants.
- Conduct needs assessments of target populations; develop program curriculum, workshops and training as appropriate.
- Develop and implement program marketing strategies; design and produce marketing materials.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...