Assistant Professor in Intelligent Transportation System & Data Analytics
Depart of Civil & Chemical Engineering
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
The Civil and Chemical Engineering Department (http://www.utc.edu/college-engineering-computer-science/programs/chemical-engineering/), part of the College of Engineering and Computer Science, offers ABET-EAC accredited B.S.Ch. E. and B.S.C.E. degrees.
We are looking for candidates with a strong background and interest in algorithms, modeling, data analytics and/or software systems as they apply to crash avoidance and vehicle control systems, transportation systems modeling, cyber-security, agent-based modeling of transportation systems, human-machine interfaces, autonomous and semi-autonomous vehicles, analysis of large-scale transportation datasets, sustainable management of roads and bridges, or cyber-physical systems in transportation.
The position is expected to be at the rank of assistant professor, although exceptional candidates at all ranks will be considered.
Successful candidates will possess the following requirements:
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or closely-related field.
- Ability to teach introductory/advanced courses in Civil Engineering.
- Ability to conduct high-quality research supported by externally attracted and funded grants, teaching, and professional development.
- Ability to teach using a variety of instructional modalities, including online instruction.
- Ability to reach goals specified in UTC’s Strategic Plan including a demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Applicants should prepare to submit the following information within our online application system for consideration:
- Cover letter/letter of interest
- CV, including up-to-date, personal contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Work samples of curricula
Additionally, candidates will need to include names, titles, and email addresses for three (3) references for confidential letters of recommendation to be requested.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the UTC Faculty Career Site by visiting:
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com