Associate/Full Professor in Chemical Engineering
Depart of Civil & Chemical Engineering
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
The Civil and Chemical Engineering Department (http://www.utc.edu/college-engineering-computer-science/programs/chemical-engineering/), part of the College of Engineering and Computer Science, offers ABET-EAC accredited B.S.Ch.E. and B.S.C.E. degrees.
Applicants must have a teaching and publication record, commensurate with the position being sought, and a demonstrated ability and commitment to excelling in both research and teaching.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in environmental engineering or process instrumentation and control systems.
Other potential areas for collaboration within the department include advanced materials, bioengineering, and micro and nano technology.
The successful candidate is expected to develop a research group, supervise graduate students, and show outstanding teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Successful candidate will also be required to seek external funding, engage with both local and international stakeholders, and participate in the College’s service and outreach activities, and will be ready to assume the position of leading the chemical engineering program which is housed within Civil and Chemical Engineering Department.
Successful candidates will possess the following requirements:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or closely-related field.
- Proven experience in fields such as environmental engineering or process instrumentation and control systems.
- Ability to teach undergraduate/graduate courses in Chemical Engineering.
- Ability to conduct high-quality research supported by externally attracted and funded grants.
- A variety of instructional modalities, including online instruction.
- Ability to teach using ability to accomplish goals as specified in UTC’s Strategic Plan including a demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Applicants should prepare to submit the following information within our online application system for consideration:
- Cover letter/letter of interest
- CV, including up-to-date, personal contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Work samples of curricula
Additionally, candidates will need to include names, titles, and email addresses for three (3) references for confidential letters of recommendation to be requested.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the UTC Faculty Career Site by visiting:
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com