Team Leader - Project Management
Anne Arundel Community College
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
The Team Leader Project Management is responsible for defining and maintaining the standards and process for project management. This position is responsible for the successful delivery of Projects undertaken by Application Services through effective facilitation, tracking and reporting. The Team Leader is responsible for managing a team of 3 personnel and driving projects from inception to production.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the establishment and management of a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation and reporting. The methodology should fit the needs of AACC Enterprise Application projects and put emphasis on timely project delivery.
- Establish and manage processes supporting Project Steering Committees, streamlining communications between teams and project sponsors and empowering teams to engage in meaningful and efficient debate of priorities and resource availability. Manage project issues and risks and escalate to management in a timely fashion.
- Provide personnel management by project/task assignments and workload management. Motivate and provide direction and guidance to staff. Perform staff evaluations.
- Assemble the project teams, identify resources from the Applications Services team as well as other Information Services units and assign resources to development tasks appropriate to each individual’s knowledge, skill, and abilities. Communicate project goals, monitor project progress, and adjust resources as necessary to keep the project on track.
- Communicate the status of various projects, discuss issues/risks, and understand and communicate the impact of any changes to business requirements. Conduct user acceptance testing.
- Act as Coach and Mentor and assist with Project Management adoption. Advise managers and teams on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches and act as the first point of contact for any project management queries within AACC
- Lead project meetings with broad cross functional teams to include Information Services and College stakeholders and business users
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Application Services
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Minimum five years of experience as a Project Manager, managing progressively complex initiatives and understanding principles and framework of successful project management. Have a good understanding of Software development Lifecycle (SDLC) and a good understanding of Business Analysis and practices.
- 2 years of Personnel management including doing performance reviews and evaluations
- Demonstrated experience managing the execution and implementation of software development projects with multiple Integrations
- Additional required experience includes regularly creating project plans, building/resourcing project teams, and managing/monitoring adherence to the project plan.
- Successful track record of meeting deadlines in an environment with competing priorities. Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills required with the ability to communicate to both Business and Technical staff
- Experience in a Higher Education environment highly preferred.
- Experience with implementing Enterprise Applications and ERP projects are highly preferred.
- Formalized Project Management and Training certification (PMP) or pursuing PMP.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies preferred
- Ability to interact with a variety of faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com