Clinical Faculty Position in Childhood Education
The Division of Curriculum & Teaching (C&T) in the Graduate School of Education at Fordham University is seeking a clinical faculty (non-tenure track) to join our faculty in the coordination of and teaching in our nationally recognized Childhood Education Program and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Program. The position requires productive teaching and coordination of the Childhood Education Program and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Program as well as effective mentoring of graduate and doctoral students, and collaborating in the enhancement of the Curriculum and Teaching Division and the Graduate School of Education.
The person in this position will teach a minimum of 18 credits during the academic year (fall/spring) and has the opportunity to teach in the summer as well. The course load may include teaching graduate and doctoral level courses. The position is based at our Manhattan campus, and will have teaching responsibilities at our Westchester County campus. Courses are offered through both synchronous and asynchronous formats.
Program Support in the Division of Curriculum & Teaching Mathematics Education Program
- Serve as Program Coordinator of Childhood Education and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Programs.
- Recruit candidates and revitalize enrollment in the area of Childhood Education and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Programs.
- Review applications of candidates to different programs in the Division.
- Advise teacher candidates in different programs of the Division.
- Participate in Information Sessions and other recruitment activities.
- Oversee teacher candidates’ field experiences.
- Identify, orient, and evaluate adjunct faculty and field specialists in Childhood Education and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Programs.
- Responsible for and collaborate with colleagues from Childhood Education Program and Childhood and Early Childhood Education Dual Degree Programs in matters related to accreditation data collection and management.
- Represent program at Divisional and Graduate School of Education meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned by Division Chair..
For more information contact Dr. Chun Zhang, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of application will begin immediately.
Position begins fall 2017.
TO APPLY: Submit letter of intent, curriculum vita, and two references to Dr. Chun Zhang, email@example.com.
Located in Manhattan and Westchester County, Fordham University’s Graduate School of Education is committed to urban education and to increasing faculty diversity. Fordham’s Graduate School of Education is NCATE accredited and is a member of the Holmes Partnership. Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to approximately 15,500 students in its four undergraduate colleges and its six graduate and professional schools.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Fordham University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com