Academic Adviser - Health Professions
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of Position
- Provides academic advising of undergraduate students in the Pre-Health Professions Pathways interested in completing the RN to BSN matriculation and dual enrollment programs
- Provides academic advising regarding all relevant curriculum areas-course requirements and selection, policies and procedures, scholastic standards, new freshman and transfer issues, and other appropriate areas
- Facilitates students’ academic progress by evaluating their needs and developing appropriate educational plans
- Maintains student academic files that include a record of advising activities that takes place during each visit
- Assists in the development and preparation of advising related materials such as training manuals, brochures, handouts, general information summaries, and newsletters
- Ensures all published materials for student advising (undergraduate handbook, catalog) are self-consistent and consistent with electronic records system for all major tracks
- Collaborates with the Admissions and Student Affairs Division to conduct information sessions and distributing multimedia marketing materials about the RN to BSN matriculation and dual-enrollment programs at BCCC to potential and current students
- Assists with advising students of various opportunities related to matriculation partnerships and reverse transfer opportunities
- Collects and disseminates information to students, faculty, and departments about changes in major requirements or College policies and adjusts advising strategies as appropriate
- Maintains current knowledge of campus resources, critical dates, as well as policies and procedures for undergraduate students
- Participates in professional development activities, including intra-office and campus-wide advisor training, and professional conferences
- Other relate duties as assigned
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com