Materials Management Supervisor
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Property Administration the employee will provide direct supervision for Central Receiving, Central Store and Mail Courier Operations. The Employee will follow procedures to facilitate effective operations and service to the College Community.
Essential Job Functions:
Scope of Responsibility:
- Plan and implement activities related to daily warehouse operations, which includes daily receipts, deliveries and inspection of goods
- Assist in maintaining accurate records within system through report generation and initiating modifications to the system as necessary
- Develop courier and mail schedules and overseas delivery of service
- Train staff in effective inventory and receiving practices
- Ensure that deliveries are made within designated time frames
- Manage the disposal of equipment and supplies in the College warehouse (interim duty)
- Evaluate staff performance
- Review storage locations to ensure the proper rotation of time sensitive items and proper location
- Address complaints
- Ensure that items are verified against packing slips
- Maintains materials inventory
- Maintains a clean work area
- Knows the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the college.
- On a regular and continuous basis, exercises sound judgment and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area.
- Functional supervision may be exercised over a temporary or contractual employee
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com