Part-Time Night Shift Circulation Clerk
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Part-Time Night Shift Circulation Clerk. The Part-Time Night Shift Circulation Clerk is a non-exempt position and reports to the Circulation Manager. This position is responsible for the overall operation of the Library’s circulation desk at night which includes the ability to fill-in for absent circulation staff, as well as perform the opening-and-closing procedures of the Library as needed. The work schedule averages on 20-25 hours per week with days and weekends as needed.
- Manages and staffs the nighttime circulation desk with self and student workers, and is responsible for emergency fill in’s for absentee staff.
- Assists Library staff in the supervision and training of student workers in circulation procedures, shelving, and general maintenance of an orderly Library including:
- Faculty Reserves
- Holds and fines
- Handling issues and complaints
- Assists in the processing of periodicals in collaboration with Periodicals Supervisor and Circulation Manager.
- Ensures excellence in customer service for all circulation functions of the Library.
- Overall stack maintenance, including shelf reading, tracing lost books, shelf organization, etc. • Assisting Librarians with receiving, labeling, maintaining subscriptions, and serials. • Answers patron's general informational questions and troubleshoots hardware and software problems. • Oversees the basic activities of night work-study students. • Handles the "Reserve Room" which houses, processes, and tracks, reserve materials. • Assists the Circulation Manager and other Library staff with various tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
A High School Diploma is required, College degree is preferred. 1 to 3 years clerical working experience is preferred. Library and supervisory experience is also preferred. Must have the ability to deal tactfully and courteously with both students and faculty. Average typing skills are required.
Knowledge of automated systems or relational databases is preferred. Proficient using computer programs which includes Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment. Must be detail oriented, organized and self-motivated.
As various sub-departments of the Library depend on this personís punctuality and consistent attendance, this position requires someone who is dependable. Excellent time management and interpersonal communication skills are required. Interaction with supervisors including the ability to be supervised, to ask for help or instruction, and to report back progress or concerns/issues is required. Must be available to work late hours as well as be available to work on an as-need-basis. Must be capable of working independently.
Interested candidates must apply via Otisí website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com