Adjunct Faculty - Respiratory Care
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Under the general direction of the Associate Dean this position will be responsible for the instruction of students in the discipline of Respiratory Care.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsibilities in both instruction and or clinical coordination.
- Duties involve organizing and providing educational experiences leading to student credentialing and gainful employment in Respiratory Care, establishing program admission criteria, recruitment of student, instruction in the clinical curriculum, and application and maintaining accreditation status.
- Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom.
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session and throughout the semester
- Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework.
- Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials and make sure they are available through the College’s Learning Management System.
- Advise learners in ways to help them meet their educational goals.
- Use a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate learning.
- Provide timely, thoughtful and constructive feedback to learners
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com