Learning Outcomes and Innovation Librarian
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Library and Information Services invites applications from dynamic, proactive, and service-oriented candidates for the position of Learning Outcomes and Innovation Librarian.
Reporting to the Director of the Research Commons, who reports to the Dean of Library and Information Services (LIS), the Learning Outcomes and Innovation Librarian is a tenure track library faculty member. This individual is a leader in developing, assessing, and coordinating an online and in person comprehensive information literacy plan for Research Commons. In this role it is essential that the candidate promote a culture of assessment that allows the department to document its value and impact to the University and make evidence based decisions.
The Library is transitioning to a team-based approach integrating technology through all aspects of the delivery of library services. As a team member, the successful candidate will engage faculty, staff and students by exploring innovative technologies for practical application to enhance services within the Research Commons. This individual will have a major role in the expansion of the library’s current instructional program. S/he will develop a training program for vested technologies for faculty, staff and students. In a team environment, the selected candidate will participate in the delivery of educational programs that support and promote the use of new technology.
Depending upon the background of the candidate, the successful candidate will serve as a liaison librarian to one or more programs or departments, selecting materials and providing services to support the research and teaching of faculty, graduate and undergraduate students. The Learning Outcomes and Innovation Librarian also serves as part of a team providing research, reference and consultation services.
- Leads Research Commons assessment activities
- Leads in providing emerging technologies to enhance services within Research Commons
- Promotes the use of new technologies or alternative methods of delivery of library instruction among subject librarians
- Develops and implements a plan with subject librarians for the delivery of information literacy through online learning modules to build a community of users
- Serves as a subject liaison to one or more programs
- Participates in reference services
- Identifies and participates in writing grant proposals
All LIS faculty and staff are responsible for working collaboratively to achieve University and LIS goals and objectives.
- M.L.S. or equivalent degree in information science or informatics from an American Library Association-accredited library/information school
- Demonstrated experience in implementing new technologies in an academic or related library setting
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and developing user-oriented documentation, particularly web-based
- Evidence of professional development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- One (1)+ years of experience working in an innovation lab
- Experience in an academic library
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Terms of Appointment
Assistant or Associate Professor, 12-month continuing contract, tenure-track faculty position.
Source of Funds
Negotiable dependent upon credentials and experience, with a minimum salary of $43,000 annually. Excellent fringe benefits.
Submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae/resume, and transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable when submitting the application but official documentation must be provided). Provide contact information for three professional references to the address below or e-mail your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Outcomes and Innovation Librarian Search Committee
Library and Information Services
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Campus Box 1063
Edwardsville, Illinois 62026-1063
For optimal consideration in a first pool of applicants, department must receive all application materials by May 22, 2017. Additional applicants may be reviewed after this date if the position is not filled from the first pool of applicants. The position will remain open until filled. http://www.siue.edu/employment/employmentopportunities/faculty.shtml
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com