Johns Hopkins University
Location: Baltimore, MD
Under the leadership of the Executive Director of Career Services, the career center is central in shifting the institution towards a model of career preparedness in which all Johns Hopkins students integrate their career preparation into their academic experience with the same pursuit of excellence – distinguishing themselves as the "talent of choice".
The mission of the career center at Johns Hopkins University is to:
- Provide all students and alumni the experiences, knowledge, skills and tools to make smart career decisions and to prepare and market themselves for their pursuits.
- Close the gap between what employers seek in graduates and what students/alumni come equipped with.
- Orchestrate university-wide connections to build the "best possible" career ready network.
- Build enduring career readiness capabilities – those that last beyond first destinations.
- Be a catalyst for alumni engagement – lifetime affiliation.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Career Center, the Technology Manager provides comprehensive technical support to all systems in the Career Center to include: our client relationship management (CRM) system, Handshake, the Career Center website and all career center online resources. The Technology Manager uses technology to collect, analyze, and report on data to be used in the strategic development of recruiting relationships, university partnerships, and skill sets for undergraduate and graduate students in the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and the Whiting School of Engineering. The individual in this role must be detail oriented and data driven with experience explaining and illustrating complex information to a variety of audiences to further the goals of the office.
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Higher Education or similar discipline preferred. A minimum of three years' experience working in or managing a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system with demonstrated skill in creating reports and extracting data from that system required. Preferred system: Handshake.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Positive and professional written and oral expression is essential.
- Computer proficiency: required skills in developing and managing excel spreadsheets, and manipulating and reporting data through the use of data analysis tools like pivot tables.
- Ability to build reports and extract data required by university stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and the capacity to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment are crucial.
- Ability to create visually appealing presentations and infographics using presentation platforms like Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (CS), Tableau.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Blackboard, Adobe Connect, Go To Meeting/Webinar software
To view complete posting and to apply, please visit http://jobs.jhu.edu , create and save your account application first, then enter requisition #314053 in the "Search Jobs" field. For more information call Central HR Services at 443-997-5100.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Johns Hopkins University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency