Coordinator, English as a Second Language Programs
Anne Arundel Community College
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning
The Coordinator, ESL Programs is responsible for assisting with the management and administration of the day-to-day ESL activities in the English Language Learning and Adult Education Department. The Coordinator assists with scheduling and staffing all classes, ensuring curriculum quality, interviewing and hiring for all part-time instructors, planning professional development activities and assists with the evaluation process for all instructors. The Coordinator also plays a key role in developing and executing strategies to recruit, engage and retain students. In addition, the Coordinator provides content and program support to the college community on all issues related to ESL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the coordination of all aspects of the ESL programs including: scheduling courses; recruiting, hiring and evaluating instructors; instructor orientation and staff development; and student recruitment, placement testing and recognition.
- Assist in the implementation of course objectives and performance outcomes. Ensure that number of hours of instruction, course locations and times classes are offered provide the most appropriate delivery of ESL instructional services to non-native English speaking students, particularly with regard to matriculation into credit programs.
- Assist in regular reviews and budget analysis of unit budget to ensure proper management of balances and expenditures. Ensure that correct accounting processes and procedures are being followed.
- Analyze records of non-credit assessments and make recommendations to ensure that the college’s test score requirements are in conformity with nationally accepted standards.
- Assist in the development and continuous review ESL programs to update, improve and expand programs and instruction.
- Work within the unit and with appropriate college divisions to ensure smooth articulation of ESL with other divisional and college programs, including identification of appropriate language pre-requisites for credit classes.
- Collect data and prepare reports on student enrollment, outcomes, matriculation and other information for enrollment management as needed.
- In the absence of the Program Manager, serve as college contact point for information gathering and communications relating to all aspects of the ESL and EBS programs.
- Provide instruction as needed in ESL classes and other duties as assigned by the Program Manager or the Assistant Dean.
- Bachelor's degree in English or Education plus TESOL certificate is required
- Minimum two year’s experience in program development and / or coordination of ESL programs to include budget management, preferred.
- Effective supervisory skills and minimum of two years of experience in recruiting, hiring, supervising and evaluating full and part-time instructional and support staff required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in advising and placing students using multiple measures such as standardized testing and oral proficiency interviews, required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in developing and designing curriculum using sound instructional design practices for face-to-face and online courses, required.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office, as well as excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in employing a variety of strategies to recruit, engage and retain students, required.
- Master's degree in TESOL, Education or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse, multicultural populations and ability to work effectively and tactfully with students, instructors, staff, community representatives, government agencies and the public.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend hours and to travel throughout Anne Arundel County to off-campus instructional sites and to represent the program as needed.
Work Schedule: M - F, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Information and Application Process Instructions
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Please apply online at: https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...