Director of Housing and Residence Life
Toccoa Falls College
The Director of Housing and Residence Life (DHRL) plays a key role in enhancing Toccoa Falls College in achieving the mission of developing Christian servant leaders who will impact their world with the love and message of Jesus Christ. The DHRL will be responsible for giving vision, leadership, direction, assessment, evaluation and coordination of services and programs for the residential programs on campus and within the residence halls.
- Supervise and lead a team of three full time Resident Directors, and indirectly supervise 24 Resident Assistants.
- Provide oversight and management of 15 residence halls/buildings that house up to 588 students.
- Supervise placement of students in the residence halls.
- Plan and implement RA training and overall staff development.
- Facilitate on campus housing policies, student placement, and residential programing.
- Work closely with Counseling and Career Services, Student Health Services, Culinary Services, the Student Government Association, Admissions, Maintenance/Custodial, Campus Security and Parking, Camps and Conferences, Academic Success, Registrar, Financial Aid and Student Accounts.
- Oversee student conduct and maintain accurate records pertaining to student conduct.
- Coordinate New Student Move-in Day including the recruitment of campus volunteers.
- Organize and facilitate New Student Orientation in the fall and spring.
- Assist VPSA in the planning of Welcome Weekend in the fall and spring.
- Serve as the instructor for TFC 100 (New Student Success Seminar).
- Respond to student emergencies and campus crisis situations.
- Assist students of concern with crisis management.
- Manage student meal plans, married student housing, and approval of off campus housing requests.
- Track numbers pertaining to the CLERY act, student housing, meal plans, non-returners, withdrawals, and suspensions.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred. Candidate must have proven knowledge of student affairs theories.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Judgment & Decision Making – considering the relative costs and benefits of actions.
- Financial Resources Management – Determining how to effectively spend money, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communication – proven verbal and written communication.
- Spiritually mature Christian in agreement with the college statement of faith and committed to the vision, mission and values of Toccoa Falls College
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Team building and human resource management
- Proficiency in computer software programs.
A cover letter and resume, along with a completed TFC staff application should be sent to: Mary Kaye Ritchey, Director of Human Resources, Toccoa Falls College, 107 Kincaid Dr. MSC750, Toccoa Falls, GA 30598 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
The TFC staff application can be found at http://www.tfc.edu/employment/ . All application materials must be submitted in order for a candidate to be considered.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Toccoa Falls College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com