Director, Information Technology
West Valley-Mission Community College District
The Information Systems Department is seeking a talented leader to fill the position of Director, Information Technology.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the activities of the information technology department within the Administrative Services division, including applications, network and desktop support; to provide highly complex staff assistance to the Executive Director.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of July 17, 2017. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a Classified Administrator and part of the Administrative employee unit.
Work Location: West Valley-Mission Community College District, located on the campus of West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $116,395–$123,963 annually (Administrative Salary Schedule, Range 22, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (25 days after 5 years).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Professional development and renewal leave.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement department goals, objectives, policies and procedures; prepare strategic plans related to information technology.
- Plan, organize and direct information technology activities including applications, network, and desktop support.
- Direct, oversee and participate in the development of the department work plan; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Prepare the department budget; assist in budget implementation; participate in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; administer the approved budget.
- Recommend the appointment of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures as required; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the department.
- Act as management liaison to college administration and staff to collaborate on district-wide technology solutions related to area of assignment.
- Oversee, manage and implement the most complex technology projects; assign project related activities to supervisory staff; manage complex timelines and budgets.
- Answer questions and provide information to students, staff, administrators and others; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Represent the department and division to outside agencies and organizations; participate in outside community and professional groups and committees; provide technical assistance as necessary.
- Research and prepare technical and administrative reports; prepare written correspondence.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in information technology or a related field.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in information technology, including two years of administrative and management responsibility.
Information and Application Process Instructions
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1004791
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...