Touro University California
Director of Alumni Relations
Touro University California, a rapidly growing university offering graduate programs in health sciences and education, has an excellent opportunity for a Director of Alumni Relations for Touro University Advancement on our Mare Island campus. The university is part of the Touro College and University System and is located on the northern tip of San Francisco Bay in Vallejo, California. Touro University California is an independent, non- profit Jewish-sponsored institution. It has 1,403 students in three graduate professional colleges (Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Education and Health Sciences).
The Director of Alumni Relations is charged with securing commitments from alumni; collaborating with colleagues in the administrative offices (including, but not limited to Admissions, Development, Communications and Student Affairs) and the colleges to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of the University; partnering with University colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni giving; and serving as a liaison between the Alumni Association and the academic and administrative leadership.
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs that support the University's strategic plan as well as the goals of Touro in collaboration with colleagues within the Office of Advancement, the Provost's Office and throughout the colleges.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications.
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs.
- Partner with Director of Admissions to spearhead the introduction of alumni involvement in the
- Collaborate closely with the Office of Advancement in increasing support from alumni; routinely identify
and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact
reports filed in Raiser's Edge.
- Raise funds for select special projects and events in collaboration with the Office of Advancement.
- Plan and implement an annual fund campaign; work with alumni to plan annual reunion events.
- Identify alumni authors for annual giving appeals (4x/year); coordinate interviews and pictures in
support of Annual Fund efforts.
- Develop ideas and content for Alumni print publications, website and social media in collaboration with
the Office of Communications.
- Gather news and alumni information for use in alumni communications.
- Develop, implement and coordinate a network of alumni support for student recruiting.
- Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; Master's degree a plus.
- At least two years full time experience in an advancement position, preferably in a university setting.
- At least two years full time experience implementing an annual fund campaign.
- Experience working with university alumni and planning alumni events preferred.
- Expertise with Blackboard, Raiser's Edge and NetCommunity preferred.
- Demonstrated success in alumni relations and the use of a membership database for developing
involvement and fundraising are strongly preferred.
CORE COMPETENCIES: identify the behavior an employee is expected to demonstrate.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Ability to apply budgetary and fiscal planning techniques within financial constraints.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent
judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to integrate resources, policies and information for the determination of procedures, solutions
and other outcomes.
- Ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including writing, proofreading and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments that requires assistance from a variety of staff
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, work well under pressure, and achieve fundraising goals.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups including internal and external audiences; sensitivity to working
in a multicultural setting.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with background and experience. Letters of application and resume with a list of 3 references should be directed to:
1. Email CV: Apply@tu.edu
Subject: Your Name, Director of Alumni Relations
2. Mail: Touro University California
1310 Club Drive Vallejo, CA 94592
Apply Now At: http://hr.tu.edu/employmentops/staff-management.html
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Touro University California and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency