Part Time Community ESL Specialist
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
A Community ESL Specialist is responsible for the:
- Coordinating and conducting student registration, as well as processing student registrations and related student enrollment and update forms
- Conducting testing and scoring of pre- and post-assessments; Advising students; Assigning instructional level and providing educational information to other on- or off-campus sites as necessary
- Maintaining student data, preparing student enrollment, attendance, and update reports
- Providing support for teacher, instructional materials, photocopying and equipment support
- Assisting with the creation and distribution of recruitment flyers/posters
- Assisting with recruitment efforts at community outreach events
- Typing documents and forms
- Answering phones and responding to inquiries about ESL on the telephone, computer, and in-person
- Operating office equipment including copier, fax, computer, scanner, binding machine, and shredder
- Working cooperatively with other members in the Division of Business and Continuing Education (BCED) on projects and initiatives, and performing other duties as assigned.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com