Director, Enrollment Management Compliance
New York University
The Director of Enrollment Management Compliance provides legal and formal policy guidance to support informed decisions and internal policy development to uphold the mission of the University as it pertains to Enrollment Management within the context and confines of Title IV and other relevant regulatory entities.
NYU is a distinctly large, complex, innovative, and tuition-driven institution warranting a high level of oversight and knowledge to create and sustain collaborative understanding and development of compliant and applicable business processes and practices university-wide.
The position requires breadth and understanding of the compliance aspect of enrollment management educational development and advancement.
The Director, therefore, not only counsels, but is integral in developing correct and sustainable policies – with input from Enrollment Management department leaders – to support day-to-day operations and long term planning.
The Director must be capable of providing sources of compliance guidance, be creative in implementation, and be knowledgeable about practical outcomes of implementation and be articulate and persuasive to help ensure that sound practices are implemented as they pertain to Enrollment Management, University wide, a structure that consists of 7 divisions within Enrollment Management and within the greater global University (17 schools within NYU New York, a well as separate campuses in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai, China) .
The Director also represents the University externally: to auditors, Department of Education staff, media if required and must possess strong writing skills and be able to clearly and succinctly represent University's position and message accordingly.
Summarily, the Director serves as compliance counsel in these capacities:
- Provides expert internal counsel within the University regarding Title IV administrative oversight (as applicable to traditional programs, online programs, advanced certificate program, etc). Monitors policies and practices to ensure execution is current, compliant and consistently applied. Provides regulatory oversight and works closely with the Directors within Enrollment Management to ensure high level of service is provided within the confines and context of regulatory guidance.
- Provides oversight, collaborating with University leads, to ensure the accurate and timely submission of Title IV and other related required reports.
- Externally represents NYU where the University has an opportunity to contribute and influence legislation and provides recommendations both in a written and oral capacity. (ie NPRM responses, federal advisory committees, etc.)
- With Registrar co-leads guidance of University FERPA policy and ensures corresponding practice appropriate University wide.
- Commits to continuous expansion of knowledge of Title IV and other applicable regulations as required, to ensure current practices are applicable. Attends and presents at conferences, forums, trainings, as devotes time to explore best practices of regulatory implementation into practice within a competitive market.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at New York University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com