Assistant Teacher (Child Development Center)
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Summary of position’s responsibilities:
- Providing a safe and developmentally appropriate early care and education program in accordance with Baltimore City Community College’s Clarence W. Blount Child Development Center. The Assistant classroom teacher is the entry level position and will learn to perform the duties of the classification.
- Supervise and monitor children at all times.
- Ensure a safe, orderly and nurturing environment.
- Assist in providing developmentally appropriate activities. Participate in regularly scheduled trainings and professional development activities.
- Assist in preparing classroom materials to support the curriculum, as well as in helping with lesson plans to plan appropriate activities.
- Develop appropriate relationships with parents and communicate regularly.
- High School Diploma
- 90 Hour Certificate in Early Childhood Education
- One year of experience in a licensed childcare setting for preschool children
- Preferred CPR and First Aid certification for a Child Care Center
- One year of experience preferred in a licensed childcare setting for children ages 2-5
- CPR and First Aid certification for a Child Care Center
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com