Senior Technical Lead
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Summary of position’s responsibilities: The Senior Technical Lead position supports BCCC’s Strategic Goal 4.2. The position Reports to the Director of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). The Subject Matter Expert will be the Senior Technical Lead as the ERP System Architecture and Automation business line expert. The position is responsible for managing the integration of all BCCC systems and third parties, Responsibilities include designing, architecting, implementing, and maintaining the College’s ERP, Identity Management, Document Imaging, and Data warehouse infrastructure and other third party interfaces. This position develops and recommends technical infrastructure and data best practice standards, procedures, strategies, and keeps abreast of technical changes in the higher education technology sub-sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- In all areas, promotes and maintains a favorable work environment for oneself and others to assist in meeting the overall mission of Baltimore City Community College.
- A team player and supports the values, mission, and strategic goals of the College
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while providing high-quality work.
- Working under diverse college environment
A Senior Technical Lead is responsible for:
- Consulting with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features and input and output requirements and creates a central repository to better manage user identities (Enterprise Directory);
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert on ERP technical infrastructure based on the best industry practices;
- Managing and provide resolution to technical support issues of ERP Technical Infrastructure and Security Benchmarks;
- Designing and implementing detailed data models, as well as data maps;
- Working with the ERP User community and Project Management Office (PMO) Consultants, and ERP Vendor Implementation Team on applicable projects to ensure successful project outcomes;
- Monitoring performance of programs after implementation;
(This is a summary of the functions of the position and is not all inclusive of the responsibilities)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology related field to include course work in database management systems.
- Experience: Five years’ experience as a technical lead in management large and complex systems serving over 10,000 – 25,000 individual identities.
- Three years’ experience in the Cyber Security/Technology field, particularly in IT system/ application configuration security.
- Three years’ experience implementing and/or assessing network, application and/or operating system security controls.
- Highly skilled in network, application and operating system security concepts and controls.
- Experience within the security automation domain, including expertise in Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)-related schemas, such as Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language (OVAL),
- Extensible Configuration Checklist Description Format (XCCDF), Common Configuration Enumeration (CCE) and Common Platform Enumeration (CPE).
- Experience managing software product development.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated ability to meet firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form in English.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the 2 of following types of ERP technologies (Banner, Colleague, PeopleSoft, SAP, Jenzabar, or other, and on the premise and in the cloud) is strongly desired:
- Scalable web stack technologies (e.g. various web application servers, browsers and web services, frameworks and databases); and/or
- Networking equipment/devices (e.g. routers, firewalls, switches, IDS/IPS devices)
- Programming language experience (COBOL, C, C++, Java, PowerShell, Python, VIM, .NET.
- Experience in Windows OS, Linux, UNIX, SQL, TCP/IP, Cloud).
- Master's degree in related field
- Working knowledge of ITIL V.3, CISSP certification
- Working knowledge of PMBOK
- Experience working in a project management office
- Exposure to Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Technical Architecture experience in non-distributed and distribute environments
- Experience in Higher Education
- Thorough understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Six to ten years’ experience in implementing and managing ERP under UNIX, Linux/Windows
- Understanding of FERPA and HIPAA-regulated environment is strongly desire
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please apply online
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...