Associate Dean, Academic Success Center
Broward College is a nationally ranked institution of higher education in Broward County, Florida, providing residents and non-residents with access to high-quality, affordable education. The College offers several degree options, including certificate programs, two-year university-transfer degrees, two-year career degrees, baccalaureate degrees in selected programs and continuing education courses.
The first and largest non-profit institution of higher education in Broward County, our campuses and centers serve more than 66,000 students annually. Our diverse student body represents 150 countries of origin and we are proud to consistently be one of the country’s top producers of associate degrees to minorities.
As an equal access and employment opportunity institution we are committed to a tradition of increasing and retaining an intellectually, culturally, and ethnically diverse student body and workforce in an effort to increase the success of our students, faculty, and staff while strengthening our local and global communities.
This position administers and supervises the Academic Success Center available to students, staff, and faculty. This position is responsible for developing, managing and evaluating the department budget to obtain maximum efficiency and to promote student success. Work includes developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure the management of the academic labs, computer labs, e-testing, tutoring program, Academic Center for Technology, and the distribution of Academic Resources equipment. Performs related duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in Education, Media Studies, Information Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited institution, or any content area for which tutoring is offered which currently includes Math, Science, Reading, English, Writing, English as a Second Language, Accounting and Modern Foreign Languages required.
- Requires three years of teaching experience at the post-secondary level, with a history of
demonstrated leadership roles in educational settings.
- Progressively knowledgeable/responsible experience in the administration of academic
resource operations, facilities and program development within an institution of higher education.
- Excellent oral and written communication, financial management and budget design skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive administrative knowledge of Academic Resources operations, policies, procedures, and personnel including but not limited to: budgeting, planning, evaluating, and improving programs; implementing new technologies; directing staff development activities; and managing student service areas.
- Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College's diversity goals in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse faculty and staff.
- Oversees and coordinates professional development plans, management and evaluation, and submits appropriate recommendations of personnel actions.
- May manage multiple discipline/departments or multiple units within a division.
- Works directly with contractual provisions, interpreting contract language and working with faculty to ensure contract provisions are met.
- Develops and manages the academic, student or business department's budget(s).
- Has full responsibility for multiple academic disciplines, units or departments.
- Responsible for the protection and safe-keeping of confidential data acquired during the course of work.
Information and Application Process Instructions
HOW TO APPLY FOR BROWARD COLLEGE POSITIONS:
Apply at https://jobs.broward.edu
A complete online employment application form is required with the following requested documents:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
REQUISITION NUMBER: 000015161
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and can be faxed to 954-201-7612. On the fax transmittal, please state clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Transcripts issued outside of the United States require an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
All positions are contingent upon budget approval by the Board of Trustees.
Call (800) 682-3646 or (954) 201-7338 for more information
Broward College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and person with disabilities.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Broward College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...