Assistant Professor of Nursing - Medical Surgical Nursing
School of Nursing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the policies and procedures contained in the Spalding University Faculty Governance Document, Spalding University Policy Manual, Bylaws of the Faculty Organization of the School of Nursing, and the Policies and Procedures of the School of Nursing, the following duties and responsibilities include:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the mission and philosophy of Spalding University.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and update the mission (purpose), philosophy, learning outcomes (objectives) of the nursing education programs in the Nursing Division.
- Plan and provide theoretical instruction, clinical experiences, and laboratory (skill and/or simulation) experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy, objectives, and curriculum of the nursing education program.
- Design, implement, and evaluate the curriculum.
- Develop, evaluate, and revise student admission, progression, retention, and graduation policies within the policies of the Spalding University and the School of Nursing.
- Participate in academic advising and guidance of students.
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular outcomes (objectives) related to nursing knowledge and practice.
- Effectively prepare for classroom, laboratory, and clinical experiences.
- Actively participate in department, school, and University committees.
- Engage in service to the University, the community, and the profession.
- Other duties as identified and/or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A doctorate in nursing or a related field is preferred. A master's degree in nursing is required.
- An active license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Kentucky is required.
- Two years of full-time, or equivalent, professional nursing clinical experience.
- Two years of full-time, or equivalent, teaching experience in a baccalaureate or higher degree program preferred.
- Documented knowledge and skills related to the teaching of adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development, and curriculum evaluation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred.
- Experience with online education preferred.
- Experience with Moodle or similar system preferred.
- Working irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, may be expected.
Nature of Work Environment
- Tasks involve the ability to manage multiple meetings, priorities, extensive e-mail communication, projects, people, and activities.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a computer keyboard or workstation.
- While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities.
Information and Application Process Instructions
For more information and/or to apply, please electronically submit your Curriculum Vitae, names and contact information for three (3) professional references, along with a letter of interest to:
School of Nursing
845 S. Third Street
Louisville, KY 40203
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Spalding University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
845 S. 3rd Street
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...