Executive Director of Planned Giving
University of Massachusetts Amherst
As the Commonwealth's flagship campus, the University of Massachusetts Amherst is making a profound, transformative impact to the common good. We are the largest public research university in New England, distinguished by the excellence and breadth of our academic, research and community outreach programs. Our students are bright, bold, unconventional thinkers and our campus culture typifies the ultimate public university experience with diverse students and deep community engagement. The town of Amherst offers the perfect blend of New England natural beauty and cosmopolitan culture and energy.
The Position: The University of Massachusetts Amherst Foundation is seeking an Executive Director of Planned Giving to oversee the development and management of a national program designed to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospective and current planned giving donors. This position reports to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Development.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive program to market planned gifts (including bequests, annuities, trusts and gifts of real estate) to UMass Amherst constituents including: direct mail and email; UMass Magazine; Planned Giving webpages and University development web site; offers off-campus educational seminars for alumni, parents and friends on planned giving financial planning and estate planning topics; offers on-campus seminars on planned giving for volunteers
- Manage the Planned Giving staff; mentor Development staff in the area of planned giving, provide training as appropriate, and collaborate on the planned giving activities of the frontline fundraising team.
- Evaluate the current planned giving program in order to plan, design and implement best methods and approaches.
- Actively manage a portfolio of planned giving donors and donor prospects.
- In collaboration with Development staff, provide technical support to donors, their advisors, other outside allied professionals, University staff and faculty, and UMass system foundation staff on the structuring, benefits and implications of various planned giving instruments.
- Five or more years of experience in planned or major gifts or related legal or financial planning experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Understanding of financial and estate planning and deferred giving. Experience with major and planned giving solicitation a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to and inspire the trust and confidence of donors and their legal and financial advisors as well as the trust and confidence of colleagues.
- Decisive and organized with the skills to navigate multiple projects with ease.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered for this position: please submit a resume to Marci Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately, in the order in which they are received. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com