Assistant Professor of Neurobiology (tenure track)
Assistant Professor of Anatomy (tenure track)
College of Arts & Sciences
Department of Biology
The Department of Biology in the College of Arts and Sciences at Howard University invites applications for two tenure-track positions at the rank of The Assistant Professor, one with specialization in neurobiology and the other in comparative vertebrate anatomy. We seek outstanding applicants with a demonstrated track record of excellence in research and teaching.
Successful candidates are expected to develop vigorous, extramurally funded research programs in their areas of expertise, actively participate in the Department's teaching and curriculum development at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
Candidates must have:
- Earned doctorate in Biology or related field, with a specialization in neurobiology or comparative vertebrate anatomy from an accredited institution,
- Record of scholarship, teaching, and professional service commensurate with the rank of assistant professor,
- Effective communication and organizational skills, and
- Postdoctoral and grant-writing experience preferred.
Complete applications consist of a single PDF file containing
- a cover letter addressing qualifications listed above,
- a current curriculum vitae,
- a two-page statement of research accomplishments, interests, and future plans,
- a two-page statement of teaching experience and philosophy, and
- the names and contact information for at least three references who will provide letters upon request from the search committee.
Completed applications should be addressed to the Chair of the search committee Dr. Franklin Ampy and emailed to either:
firstname.lastname@example.org for the neurobiology position
email@example.com for the comparative anatomy position.
All application materials should be received by March 1, 2017 when screening will begin and continue until the positions are filled.
The starting date for both positions is August 15, 2017.
Additional details and information can be found at http://hubiosearch.wixsite.com/2017
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Howard University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com