Admissions Support Specialist
Admissions Support Specialist
D’Youville’s School of Health Professions is one of the largest on the campus, housing 8 departments that offer certificate, undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. With a dedicated and engaged faculty committed to academic excellence and an inclusive environment for teaching and learning, the school embraces curricular innovation with a focus on inter-professional education. The school promotes scholarship among its faculty and students and is committed to maintaining a footprint of service that honors the spirit of Marguerite D’Youville. The school welcomes applications from dynamic, energized and committed persons who are ready to be a vital member of our team.
Distinguishing Features of the Position:
Individual will support the admission process for Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant departments. This will include managing the application files and data within the Centralized Application Service (CAS) systems; organizing the applicant pool into useable reports for department faculty, and communicating routinely with the public, the academic departments and the admissions staff.
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only)
- Assist each department with public inquiries regarding admission
- Review all CAS applications and determine eligibility for review by faculty after initial GPA review by the appropriate admissions office
- Complete the evaluation sheet for each CAS application to the program
- Act as the primary contact and liaison to CAS and the undergraduate/graduate admissions office at D’Youville
- Create reports from CAS data for department faculty
- Update CAS database throughout the review process
- Prepares interview files for faculty review as applicable
- Prepare advisement scheduling for students entering the program
- Support faculty with new student orientations
- Maintain communication with accepted students during the pre-matriculation phase
- Monitoring accepted student files for admission requirement completion
- Assist departments with admission data for accreditation purposes
- Handle specials projects as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient at web-based application systems and Microsoft office programs.
- Efficient at working independently
- Proficient at prioritizing tasks/needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong cross-cultural, interpersonal, and writing skills necessary, including the ability to represent the College in a positive way to diverse populations
Acceptable Training and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in business or related field and at least one year of experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
D'Youville provides equality of opportunity to all persons in respect to employment and to admission of students. D'Youville does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, hiring policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com