West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 8/28/2018
The Department of Facilities is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Maintenance Electrician.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The ability to perform skilled maintenance tasks in the repair, installation, and modification of electrical equipment and wiring systems; to provide input to contractors, engineers, and consultants regarding electrical systems in new construction on college campuses; and to maintain district facilities in safe and efficient condition.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of September 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Operations & Support Services Employee Unit.
West Valley-Mission Community College District, located on the West Valley College campus, Saratoga, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $5875 – $6420 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 67, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 10 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by an apprentice program for electricians.
Two years of responsible journey level skilled electrician experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Install, test, repair, and maintain electrical systems and components.
- Work in association with any of the other crafts (carpentry, mechanical, or plumbing) when conditions, schedule, or workload warrants or as directed by management.
- Inspect work sites to take dimensions, layout work, and estimate time and materials required.
- Maintain work orders, preventive maintenance records and reports; order parts and maintain inventory.
- Install conduits, wires, transformers, circuit breakers, and switches required in making additions, extensions, or alterations in electrical installations for power and light for district buildings and structures.
- Service, repair, and maintain lighting and power systems, motors, and related equipment.
- Test, locate, and repair trouble in electrical circuits and motors.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Apply online at http://apptrkr.com/1268620
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency