Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions-Health Sciences
Bay Path University
Location: Longmeadow, MA
Category: Administrative / Staff
Posted On: Thu Jun 28 2018
- Position Code: ASDGA
- Job Type: FT
- Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Schedule: Monday - Friday; evenings and weekends as needed.
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA
Reporting to the Interim Executive Director of Graduate Admissions, this position is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of qualified graduate students for graduate programs assigned within the School of Education, Health and Human Studies, and any other graduate programs, as assigned. This position is also responsible for assisting with the implementation of promotional events such as on campus information sessions, online webinars, and exhibiting opportunities for the Graduate School at Bay Path University. Included as part of this position is relationship building with corporate and community partners which promotes the university and the graduate programs.
- Travel to and represent Bay Path University at college fairs and professional organization conferences to network with potential students and promote BPU's programs.
- Follow-up with all inquiries and applicants by phone, email, and utilize the Hobson's system to record results.
- Assists with the implementation of recruitment and promotional events for the Graduate School. These promotional events may include, but are not limited to, arranging speaking engagements for faculty, presentations at local business/professional organizations, and information sessions on campus and online webinars.
- Actively engages potential students in conversations via phone, in person meetings, and emails about their graduate school plans, selection of a graduate program, and enrollment plans. Is able to explain the curriculum, schedule of courses, financial aid, and other related issues.
- Occasional travel to the East Longmeadow, MA campus to meet with potential students, attend meetings, meet with faculty/staff, and to host promotional events.
- Researches and develops relationships with professional organizations to promote graduate programs. Conducts group presentations for prospective students, business professionals, advisors and other contacts about specific programs.
- Meets with prospective applicants on a scheduled, walk-in, e-mail or telephone basis and has extensive student contact. Completes follow up work, i.e. phoning, letter writing and emailing to prospective students and applicants.
- Identifies and counsels prospective applicants on career choices and admissions requirements for the programs. Advises on and completes official evaluations of program prerequisites for applicants.
- Completes application review and regulates flow of applications to program directors or faculty designated as interviewers. Understands the impact of application flow to acceptances and meeting or exceeding enrollment goals.
- May make recommendations for updates on the Graduate School web site. May also recommend on marketing ideas and needed media support.
- Utilizes Constant Contact and Gotowebinar for the promotion of assigned graduate programs, and other programs, as needed.
- Assist with the creation and execution of letter mailings to target audiences with follow-up email communications.
- Assists with the promotions of graduate programs to BPU's undergraduate populations including email, mailing, and phoning.
- Handles a wide variety of tasks in a busy service-oriented atmosphere; establishes priorities utilizing excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills. Performs other responsibilities as required.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's preferred.
- Experience working in a sales or marketing related position or in the recruitment of students in a college setting. Previous Career Development, Human Resources, Sales, Admissions or Enrollment Management experience helpful.
- Experience working with or advising students at the graduate level helpful.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate persuasively and encourage potential students to consider BPU.
- Strong analytical abilities, maturity, and a high energy level.
- Sensitivity to the concerns of diverse student populations.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment.
- Failure to successfully complete the course within the 30-day period is grounds for immediate termination.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed project work with an emphasis on teamwork, working with students, faculty, staff and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to understand the impact of student enrollment on the success of the institution.
- If you operate a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. You must have a valid driver's license and must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA/HIPPA guidelines.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Additional Information:
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University will become a smoke- and tobacco-free community as of July 1, 2018.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Bay Path University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...