199ADD - Assistant Director - Coordinator for Multicultural Recruitment
Assistant Director of Admissions-Coordinator for Multicultural Recruitment (Job Code 199ADD)
Full- time, 40 hours, 12 months
Clark University’s Admissions Department seeks to fill the position of Assistant Director of Admissions-Coordinator for Multicultural Recruitment. Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions- Special Populations, the successful candidate will focus on engagement in a range of on- and off-campus admissions and recruitment activities designed to present the Clark University undergraduate educational experience to prospective students, their parents, counselors, and alumni.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and organizing on-campus events that support the recruitment, enrollment and success of students from under-represented backgrounds.
- Liaise with Clark University offices, staff, and faculty that currently support multicultural student success.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with community-based-organizations (CBO’s) supporting the college search and college access for under-represented students.
Travel and Recruitment
- Research trends in assigned geographic territory
- Plan all logistics associated with recruitment travel within assigned geomarkets and other regions as needed
- Travel to college fairs, high school visits, alumni events and other off campus recruitment activities as needed
- Communicate with prospective students and families, school counselors in assigned geographic regions
- Read, evaluate, rate and make recommendations to the Vice President for Admissions and Financial Aid and the Admissions Committee on applicants from assigned geographic territories and others assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Make judgments on the admissibility of student applicants on the basis of institutional policy and independent analysis of applicant potential for success.
Counselor of the Day Duty
- Analyze and review applications to the University’s undergraduate program in a manner consistent with institutional policies and priorities.
- Serve as host and resource to all visiting students and families who visit Clark University on the dates of assigned Counselor of the Day duty coverage
- Conduct group information sessions
- Provide phone coverage on scheduled coverage days.
- As well as other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Student or professional experience with Admissions, Student Life or other related experience, preferred.
- Willingness to travel and possess a valid Driver’s License, required.
- Strong public speaking skills; excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong computing skills (including word processing, excel spreadsheet)
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills to enhance team performance.
- Time management skills and team-oriented attitude.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin August 13th. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applicants must reference Job code 199ADD in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com