Minnesota State University
Salary: $34,690.00 - $60,367.00 yr
Location: Minnesota State Mankato, MN
Job Type: Externally Funded
Department: Academic Affairs
Job Number: 00991
Position: Externally Funded (Range B*) - Full-time, 10 month appointment (.83 FTE)
Date of Appointment: September 2018
Application Deadline: Priority consideration given to applications received by August 8, 2018.
Student Support Services provides academic services to students who qualify based on income level, first generation college student status or disability. The Academic Coordinator serves a caseload of 70-80 students and provides academic advising including course advising, program selection, registration, financial aid advising, career advising, etc. This individual is also responsible for developing curriculum and teaching academic workshops, planning and coordinating various student trips, and overseeing the mentoring program.
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Education, Developmental Education or related field
- One (1) year of recent experience advising, teaching or other aspects of student services in a postsecondary setting.
- Excellent people skills and understanding of the university educational system.
- Demonstrated ability to advise students regarding university delivery systems such as registration.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with students, faculty and staff in a university setting.
- Familiarity with disabilities and appropriate accommodations.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving students from diverse racial, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and coordinate academic programs and events.
- Experience serving students under prepared for college-level Mathematics and English.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Additional Information
Please note: This is an externally funded position contingent upon continued funding from the U.S. Department of Education. Currently, this position is scheduled for a full-time, 10-month appointment which continues as the funding continues. For further program information: http://www.mnsu.edu/sss
In addition, this position plans and coordinates various day trips and overnight trips which focus on career exploration and graduate school preparation. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/jobopp.html.
, through the green "Apply" button at the top of the job posting page. A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Margaret Hesser, Director
TRIO Student Support Services
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Wiecking Center 355
Mankato, MN 56001Phone:
800-627-3529 or 711Fax:
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school's policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/
. You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mankato/jobs/2128588/academic-coordinator-aa19116
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Minnesota State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...