Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Supply Chain Management
University of Arkansas
The Department of Supply Chain Management in the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas invites applications and nominations for a tenure‐track position in Supply Chain Management at the Assistant, Associate or Full level, beginning fall 2019. The desired candidate is expected to publish research in top-tier, business journals that contributes to the body of literature related to the intersection of supply chain management with public policy, economic policy and/or regulation or publish supply chain management research that has implications for public policy, economic policy and/or regulation.
In addition to publishing in top-tier business journals, the candidate will also be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, mentor Ph.D. students, fulfill University, College and Departmental service requirements consistent with the rank and have a role in Supply Chain Management Research Center (SCMRC) activities.
Required Qualifications: Candidates must have:
- A Ph.D. in supply chain management, logistics, operations management, behavioral economics, transportation economics, management or a related field by the time the candidate begins the position.
- Demonstrated the capability to publish articles in top-tier business journals.
- Demonstrated record of high-quality teaching.
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have:
- Established research record at the intersection of supply chain management with public policy, economic policy and/or government regulation
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor doctoral students
- 3 or more years of corporate work experience
- Record of high-quality undergraduate and graduate teaching
- Experience teaching courses with a high degree of student-industry interaction and in face-to-face, hybrid/blended, and online formats.
- Experience teaching courses related to supply chain management, such as purchasing/procurement, logistics, or operations.
- Ability to teach in an executive MBA program.
To be actively considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a brief cover letter and curriculum vitae (including at least three references that will be contacted at a later date) via the applicant portal: http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/28692.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity institution committed to achieving diversity in its faculty. Therefore, the university is especially interested in applications from qualified candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our academic departments. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act and persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Arkansas and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com