199850 - Assistant Director of Admissions - Data Support
Assistant Director of Admissions – Data Support (199850)
Full time, 40 hours, 12 months
Clark University’s Admissions Department seeks to fill the position of Assistant Director of Admissions – Data Support. Reporting to the Director of Admissions – Operations and Analytics, the successful candidate will focus on engagement in a range of on- and off-campus admissions and recruitment activities designed to present the Clark University undergraduate educational experience to prospective students, their parents, counselors, and alumni; perform counselor-of-the-day duties on a regularly scheduled basis; will analyze and review applications to the University’s undergraduate program in a manner consistent with institutional policies and priorities.
In addition to regular recruitment activities, the Assistant Director will have a special focus on supporting Slate CRM reporting and related tasks. This position is uniquely designed to work with data and technology and with prospective students and families.
Duties and Responsibilities
Included in a range of responsibilities, the Assistant Director will:
- Read, evaluate, rate and make recommendations to the Dean and the Admissions Committee on applicants from assigned geographic territories and others assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Make judgments on the admissibility of student applicants on the basis of institutional policy and independent analysis of applicant potential for success.
Data support and Slate reporting:
- Support the Director with regular reporting and basic analysis as needed to maintain efficient, data informed operations and decisions.
- Stay up to date on Slate CRM solutions and capabilities as they pertain to our overall divisional goals and enrollment success.
- Act as a data resource for other members of the admissions and financial aid team.
Off-Campus Recruitment Travel & Outreach activities
- Research trends in specific geographic territory.
- Travel to college fairs, high schools, alumni trainings, Clark on the Road Programs.
- Compose e-mail, phone and written correspondence with prospective students, their parents and counselors in the assigned geographic territories.
- Support alumni relationship building efforts in assigned geomarkets.
- Provide recruitment support to ALANA, transfer, and international recruitment initiatives.
- Respond to inquiries by applicants from the assigned geographic territories.
Counselor of the Day Duty
- Serve as host and resource to all visiting students and families who visit Clark University on the dates of assigned Counselor of the Day duty coverage
- Conduct group information sessions
- Provide phone coverage on scheduled coverage days.
- Provide support to the planning and implementation activities assigned to the Campus Visit Team.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin July 31, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applicants must reference Job code 199850 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com