Vice President for Finance and Administration
Sierra Nevada College
The Vice President for Finance and Administration serves as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for the College and reports directly to the President. This position is responsible for accounting, capital and financial planning, finance/controller operations, investment management, auditing, human resource planning and management, information technologies (IT) financial aid, as well as facility and risk management. The CFO is expected to develop strategic financial plans, manage regulatory compliance, negotiate and approve contractual relationships, lead business process improvement efforts, and manage cash flow on a day-to-day and strategic basis as part of overall financial planning for the College. The CFO advises the Board of Trustees on the financial status, budget, and overall financial stability and health of the College and serves on the College Cabinet.
- Work closely with the President and senior administrative officers, develop the College’s strategic financial plan including enrollment, operating, and capital forecasts.
- Advises the President on the development of financial and administrative policies based upon best practices and in support of the College’s goals and objectives.
- Plan, prepare, and monitor budgets including operating, cash flow, and capital budgets, as well as cash planning that ensures the College achieves its goals. Provide accurate and timely data and analysis consistently throughout the year for strategic decision making. Develop long-range plans, evaluate alternative scenarios/projections and recommend/implement actions to enhance the College’s fulfillment of mission.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the financial accounting system and monthly financial reports
- Manage all College fiscal operations. Implement sound treasury procedures to facilitate cash planning, cash flow management and liquidity. Work with College banks and implement appropriate banking services, procedures, and controls.
- Responsible for negotiating and approving all College contracts and agreements. Work with College counsel on complex legal, regulatory, and compliance issues. Work with insurance brokers and risk consultants to maintain appropriate insurance coverages and implement sound risk management policies to include employee benefits and property liability coverage.
- Provide administrative support for the Board of Trustees, working closely with the Finance and Audit Committees, and their chairs, and the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees regarding the College’s financial health.
- Manage the CFO’s direct report staff, the finance team, information technologies staff, and financial aid department, consistent with College personnel policies and provide leadership to the departments represented. Encourage collaboration, enhance professionalism and professional development, and lead performance management initiatives in the areas of business and finance.
- An understanding of accounting standards and control/compliance cultures
- Exceptionally strong financial analytical skills
- Competency in both oral and written communication
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a collaborative, inclusive and transparent management style
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with proficiency
- Demonstrable evidence of innovative, entrepreneurial and progressive thinking which has effected positive change
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and/or Charter Financial Analyst (preferred)
- Graduate degree(s) in business, finance, or related field (preferred)
- Five years of experience in executive level financial management in a variety of operational areas
- Experience and demonstrated competency in strategic and fiscal planning
- Successful experience in organizational leadership and management
- Experience with compliance and fiscal control responsibilities and financial systems applications
- Experience in improving business processes and efficiency
- Understanding of contemporary financial aid policies and practices and experience with oversight of financial aid operations
- Understanding of contemporary informational technologies (IT) policies and practices and experience with oversight of IT operations
- Experience in undergraduate and graduate higher education finances and higher education and ability to work in a shared governance environment (preferred)
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, fund accounting, higher education regulations, IRS rules and retirement plan operations and the compliance with these, and other related requirements
Information and Application Process Instructions
Please apply online at http://www.sierranevada.edu/resources/employment/ by submitting your resume, cover letter, and list of at least three professional references (uploaded cover letter and CV/resume are important and required).
Review of applications to begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Sierra Nevada College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...