Educational Testing Specialist
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 7/26/2018
The Office of Assessment & Testing at Mission College is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Education Testing Specialist.
Mission College, is located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly environment and supportive atmosphere.
Under direction of an assigned supervisor, administer course placement and subject proficiency tests; perform a variety of complex and specialized technical duties related to assigned area; schedule placement testing to best serve students; maintain the Assessment Center website; serve as a liaison with the District Information Systems and College Education Technology Services departments in the selection, maintenance and repair of computer hardware or software; troubleshoot and maintain an effective testing environment; perform local computer/software installations, revisions, updates, and configurations when necessary; and provide information and assistance to students, faculty and staff regarding placement procedures and results. Clear prerequisites as necessary. Compile and maintain accurate records related to placement methods and their results.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of September 24, 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $4,762–$5,203 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 60, Steps A-C).
- A 5% salary enhancement has been approved to take effect July 1, 2018.
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, qualified domestic partner and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 10 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer various placement and proficiency tests to community college students; supervise testing site and maintain test security and integrity.
- Maintain, disseminate, and interpret test results; update and compile test data for a variety of reports.
- Assist the manager or director in the development of policies, procedures, and a variety of forms and documents; disseminate program information to students.
- Coordinate and maintain computerized testing center; assist students with testing equipment and software; troubleshoot and install testing software; coordinate with information technology staff and outside vendors for repair and updates; creates procedures.
- Research and clear pre-requisites for students; review and evaluate transcripts from other colleges for pre-requisite information; enter pre-requisite data into student records.
- Schedule and organize off-site placement tests to high school seniors and adult education students and install computerized placement tests in computer labs at local high schools; administer placement tests including disseminate information and instructions to students.
- Provide information and assistance to students regarding testing schedules, procedures, requirements, and results.
- Maintain records and prepare complex reports related to program participation, services provided, and inventory of testing equipment and supplies.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Education – Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in computer science or a related field;
3. Experience – Two years of responsible technical testing experience in an educational setting.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...