199576 - Office Coordinator
Office Coordinator, POSN# 199576
Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week
Clark University’s Geography Department seeks to fill the position of Office Coordinator.
Reporting to the Department Administrator and Assistant to the Director, the successful candidate will manage Geography’s busy office and provide general assistance to visitors, faculty, staff, and students. The position requires excellent communication and computer skills; solid record keeping abilities; strong customer service orientation; and an ability to multi task, meet deadlines, and problem solve.
Primary duties include management of the main Geography office, including the supervision of student workers; assistance with many areas of departmental affairs, including events, programs, and daily operations; and providing primary support to the Geography faculty and administrative staff. Previous experience in an academic setting and events planning desired.
Management of the Main Office
- Main point of contact for the department.
- Department/course: purchase, reimbursements, funding requests, office assistance, computer access, and room and transportation reservations.
- Helps maintains department archives and files.
- Keeps operating, office supply, and event expenses within budget.
- Manages department keys and alarm codes.
- Oversee & process course and TA evaluations and keep archives.
- Printer/media equipment, software, computer, and other asset management.
- Maintain general department webpage updates, incl. faculty bios with assistance from the student Media Content Editor and Graphic Designer.
- Goddard Library Department Book Orders.
- Checks Geography email regularly and answers or otherwise processes emails.
- Office Student Workers and GIS Help Desk manager (hire, train and supervise).
Assists with Department meetings and events
- Department event coordination/planning and announcements.
- Assist Program Administrator with departmental programming and events, as needed.
- Schedule honors thesis defenses, student reviews, dissertation defenses and oral exams and assist with maintaining graduate student Progress to Degree records.
- Assist Atwood and Colloquium Speaker Series Committee with event coordination and planning.
- Departmental meeting minutes.
Provides staff support to Geography faculty and other staff
- Faculty Assistance including, but not limited to:
- Room and van reservations
- Media equipment reservations & setup
- General/travel booking and reimbursements
- Desk Copy Requests
- Assist Department Administrator with faculty searches, COP cases, Facilities projects, and day-to-day operations/trouble-shooting.
- Assists with other staff tasks when other staff are out or positions are open.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience, preferably in higher education.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, time management, problem solving, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, collaboratively, and across teams with a focus on service.
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact with a broad range of constituents on campus.
Information and Application Process Instructions
This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 month position.
Review of applications will begin July 16, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org> . Applicants must reference Job code 199576 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...