190246 - Director of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence
Director for Diversity and Inclusive Excellence
Job Code 190246
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The Clark University Chief Officer of Diversity and Inclusion (CODI) seeks a highly-motivated individual with demonstrated experience in actualizing strategic vision and goals, coupled with a high-level of experience coordinating data-informed institutional programming, to serve in the newly created Director for Diversity and Inclusive Excellence position in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI). The Director must demonstrate an overarching commitment to advancing diversity and inclusive excellence in higher education.
The Director will work in close collaboration with the CODI in advancing institutional initiatives through a data-driven approach, conducting research, and translating empirical findings into programmatic initiatives. The Director must have the ability to conduct workshops/trainings and manage programs aimed at furthering diversity and equity-related goals for the campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Together with the ODI team, the Director will manage program initiatives that advance diversity and inclusive excellence and help implement the diversity-related goals in Clark’s Academic and Financial Plan.
- Manage and coordinate the logistics for the Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program, recommend new developments, and serve as the main point of contact for instructors and participants.
- Manage and implement the re-designed Bias Incident Response Program, specifically overseeing the case management process and designing and implementing a restorative justice mechanism.
- Translate empirical findings into recommendations on programmatic and policy interventions for the institution to address specific needs of the campus community.
- Serve as the research lead for office initiatives. In collaboration with the Office of Strategic Analytics and Institutional Research (STAIR), conduct ongoing analysis of quantitative and qualitative data in order to identify high-level trends and patterns related to diversity and equity-related institutional needs.
- Specific research responsibilities include designing survey instruments to measure issues of marginalization and oppression, administering surveys, coding and analyzing data, and using research findings to improve the impact and efficacy of ODI initiatives. Additional duties may entail conducting research on topical issues and policies concerning diversity and inclusion in higher education at a local and national level.
Communications and Public Relations:
- The Director will design and manage public-facing aspects of office research initiatives, such as a campus-wide marketing campaigns and managing partnerships with other campus constituents. In addition, the Director will serve as a representative for ODI at campus spaces, contribute to the design and creation of communications and public relations tools, serve as a liaison with external consultants, and coordinate meetings amongst campus constituents, in order to advance office initiatives. The Director will manage the ODI social media presence, update platforms with official department communications, and publicize ODI-sponsored events and activities.
Other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree in higher education, student affairs, the social sciences or a related field and a minimum of three years of work experience in diversity and inclusion, affirmative action, or multicultural education and programming.
- Candidates should possess sound strategic and analytical skills and the ability to conceptualize, organize, and coordinate programs.
- Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, work both independently and as part of a team, strong written and verbal communication skills, and display a high level of initiative and attentiveness to detail.
- It is of vital importance that candidates possess and seek to further their skills, cultural competency, and sensitivity in interactions with diverse constituencies across various ethnic, social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds and demonstrate strong commitment to advancing diversity and inclusive excellence in higher education.
- Technical qualifications include a strong background in research design, data analysis, and responding effectively to data trends. Computer skills and knowledge appropriate to carry out duties of the position include but are not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SPSS as well as the ability to manage social media platforms.
Information and Application Process Instructions
This is a full-time, 12-month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please email resume and cover letter to <email@example.com> .
Applicants must reference Job code 190246 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...