Associate Director for Administrative Services
Mississippi State University
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
- Serve as a member of the Department of HRL Leadership Team
- Establish and administer goals, objectives, and long range project planning for the Administrative Services unit of the Department
- Lead and oversee the Administrative Services team to administer, maintain, and improve the administrative systems and functions of the unit
- Develop strategies for allocating beds to support strategic populations
- Establish and manage occupancy goals/targets
- Create long and short term occupancy forecasts using historical, existing, and future data for both on and off campus
- Develop strategies for making mid-course adjustments to impact occupancy
- Craft policies to ensure contract or lease agreement is consistent with institutional and profession practices as well as legal requirements
- Build, manage and adjudicate requests for student and guest housing contracts
- Coordinate the generation and distribution of departmental statistical and annual reports
- Establish and foster partnerships with appropriate institutional staff including, but not limited to: athletics, living-learning/theme housing communities, student support services, enrollment services, and orientation
- Serve on departmental, divisional, and/or university-wide committees as needed
- Active involvement with state, regional, and/or national professional associations to enhance professional knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Education and Experience
Business administration, marketing, or related area
Five years progressive experience in college student housing
- Master's degree in higher education, college student development, or Business Administration or related field.
- Experience in college student housing beyond minimum requirement
- Project management and marketing strategy implementation experience
- Experience with StarRez Housing Management System or similar housing management system
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Supervision of full-time post-masters level staff to student staff
- Excellent communication and intrapersonal skills
- Knowledgeable and practices skills related to sales, contracting, resource allocation and management
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications (e.g., Microsoft suite)
1.Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
2.Must be able to walk stairs
Applications must be submitted through the Human Resources Management Website at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu by completing the online application, cover letter, resume, and a minimum of 3 professional references.
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Mississippi State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com