Instructional Specialist I/II, EMT-Paramedics
Anne Arundel Community College
The Instructional Specialist is responsible for providing high quality instruction and curriculum development in the EMT Department. Duties include instruction and curriculum development in primarily the EMT and Paramedic Programs. Instruction may be in a variety of formats including, but not limited to classroom, college lab, clinical instruction, tutoring, and on-line education.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching duties and responsibilities in all levels: First Responder, EMT Basic and Paramedic.
- Design, develop, and help implement course curriculum for programs in the EMT Department as assigned.
- Provide mentoring, tutoring, and advising for students.
- Provide support for faculty, particularly in the areas of clinical/lab coordination, outcomes assessment and new strategies in education.
- Assist with administrative duties.
- Participate in cross department work projects in the college and the School of Health Sciences.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Ability to work a flexible, 40-hour weekly schedule, including some evenings and weekends, to accommodate the needs of the Department. This is a 10 month position.
Bachelorís Degree required, preferably in a health-related fiel (i.e. Nursing, Paramedic). Qualified Nursing applicants must be willing to become certified as an EMT-Basic within 1 year of hire date.
Minimum of five years of teaching experience in an allied health field utilizing classroom and/or clinical education required.
Masterís Degree preferred in health-related field
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations.
Strong human relations skills, including the ability to function effectively and tactfully with diverse populations such as students, administrators, faculty, staff, and the public.
Computer skills in PowerPoint and Excel format.
THIS POSTION IS OVERTIME EXEMPT.
Hours Per Week: 40
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com