Associate Dean of Health Professions
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Reporting to the Dean, School of Nursing and Health Professions, the Associate Dean is the lead administrator for the Health Professions programs. The Associate Dean is responsible for developing, coordinating, and administering all of the academic programs and activities within the department. The Associate Dean will articulate program aspirations, directions, standards, and points of view to constituents inside and outside the College community. With the assistance and advice of the faculty and staff, the Associate Dean ensures the relevance and vitality of programs within the department; develops departmental plans; encourages professional development opportunities for faculty and staff; champions teaching excellence; and, promotes learning college and student success principles both in and out of the classroom.
- Master’s degree in Education, Health Education, Nursing, or related Health Professions or Health Science field
- Two (2) years of experience managing academic program coordination and administration programs
- Expertise in curriculum development, evaluation, learning outcomes assessment, and program accreditation. Additional expertise in problem-solving, teambuilding and day-to-day management related to student, faculty and administrative issues
- Demonstrated expertise in fiscal management and application of information technology to teaching and learning members, as well as workload plans.
- Supervises department office personnel.
- Conducts meetings with faculty to review/approve department plans, delivery of services, resolve faculty and student issues, and ensure faculty support and attainment of the department and individual faculty goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Doctorate degree in Education, Health Education, Nursing, or related Health Professions or Health Science field
Five (5) years of experience managing academic program coordination and administration programs
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...