Health Careers Transition Coach
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position: Summary of position’s responsibilities
Reporting to the Dean of Nursing and Health Professions, the Health Careers Transition Coach is responsible for identifying and coordinating service learning networks, internships, and volunteer opportunities and creating career development preparation strategies for students in the School of Nursing and Health Professions programs. The Health Careers Transition Coach will develop and facilitate academic partnerships and work to establish clinical learning opportunities with stakeholders inside and outside the College community. With the assistance and guidance of the Dean and Associate Deans, the Nurse Transition Coach will collaborate with employers and engage in strategic initiatives within the School of Nursing and Health Professions division to facilitate career development of students and secure employment opportunities for graduates. The Heath Careers Transition Coach will collaborate with the Workforce Development Continuing Education Division (WDCED) to help facilitate the transition of students form non-credit workforce healthcare tracts to credit-bearing courses in Pre-Health Professions pathways.
The Health Career Transition Coach is responsible for: Institution of workforce development and job placement strategies
Improve student pathways to success, including attainment of a degree or a postsecondary certificate, and transfer to 4-year institutions of higher education
- Create new relationships with local employers exploring and promoting employment opportunities for School of Nursing and Health Professions students.
- Act as the liaison between employers-students-graduates to facilitate hiring efforts.
- Provide career development and job search counseling to School of Nursing and Health Professions students in both individual and group settings.
- Disseminate employment and internship opportunities to appropriate faculty, organizations, and students.
- Develop a general knowledge and understanding of the related professions and maintain familiarity with the education, training and career opportunities and expectations.
- Collaborate on the development and enhancement of college wide career development software; integrate technology into workforce development strategies, programs and presentations.
- Coordinate with partner employers to evaluate student preparedness for employment.
- Coordinate directly with employers in the health care industry to create hiring pathways for School of Nursing and Health Professions students and disseminate information promoting student participation.
- Communicate and collaborate with Workforce Development Continuing Education Division (WDCED) in implementing opportunities for student to transition for non-credit to credit bearing health profession programs
Encourage college relations
- Participate in development of departmental programs and projects in support of College’s Strategic Plan and interests.
- Disseminate continued education and Health Career Pathway options to WDCED students promoting continued higher education.
- Participate in departmental and college wide events that support recruitment, retention, program completion, job placement and transfer opportunities for students.
- Aid in the development of BCCC program alignment with 4-year institutions facilitating continuous pursuit of higher education.
- Interface with program Director s and Coordinators from 4-year institutions pre and post entry to evaluate student preparedness.
Develop and coordinate partnering programs between BCCC and the local public school system.
- Represents the School of Nursing and Health Professions with participation on statewide Boards, Committees, and Councils advocating for strategies that advance the mission of the College.
- Provide representation in various university committees and university-wide events to enhance awareness and visibility of the School of Nursing and Health Professions.
- Contributes to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training.
- Maintain ongoing professional development via involvement with relevant professional associations.
- Enter into memoranda of understanding in order to establish student pathways to success with the Baltimore City public school system, institutions of higher education, and employers
- Initiate ATB or Dual Enrollment agreements with institutions of higher education.
- Works with BCCC articulations department to develop the transfer credit/articulation tables as well as complete the processing of the articulation MOU.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects, medical, and simulation equipment with fingers and whole hand(s) and arms
- Communication skills using the spoken word Ability to see within normal parameters Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about and travel to various academic and healthcare facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Nursing or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience working with academic institution ( K-12 and post-secondary institutions) and healthcare organizations ( acute and post-acute and rehabilitative)
- Master’s degree in Healthcare, Nursing, Education or related field.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...