West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 6/22/2018
The Department of Fiscal Services is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Payroll Supervisor.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
To plan, organize, direct, and supervise payroll operations within the fiscal services department; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of July 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the Supervisors Unit (Teamsters Local 856).
Work Location: West Valley-Mission District offices, located on the campus on West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $7,497–$8,264 monthly (Supervisors Salary Schedule, Range 32, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (24 days after 7 years).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for processing monthly and special payrolls including full time and classified employees over time timesheets; implement policies and procedures.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, and review the work of staff involved in district payroll activities.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; monitor and control expenditures.
- Participate in the selection of staff; process new hire packets, provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Audit, verify, and supervise processing of pay including voluntary deductions; administration of benefits, tax shelter annuities, overload contracts and perform various calculations and maintain records.
- Validate and process benefit and payroll related deductions, in accordance with provisions of various bargaining unit contract provisions.
- Troubleshoot database system errors or concerns in collaboration with information systems staff.
- Communicate with government agencies, financial institutions, and retirement system representatives to resolve issues and coordinate activities.
- Answer questions and provide information to students, staff, administrators, and others; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1.Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field.
Four years of increasingly responsible experience in accounting or payroll administration, including one year providing technical and functional supervision over assigned staff.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...