Adjunct - Mathematics (MSP)
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Mayor Scholars Program - Summer Overview of position: (Teaching)
- Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom.
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session and throughout the semester
- Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework.
- Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials and make sure they are available through the College’s Learning Management System.
- Advise learners in ways to help them meet their educational goals.
- Use a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate learning.
- Provide timely, thoughtful and constructive feedback to learners.
- Assist leadership with completion of all Federal Reports -
- Fiscal Operation Report and Application to Participate in Federal Programs (FISAP), Eligibility and Certification Report (ECAR), Gainful Employment, etc.
- Direct and allocate institutional scholarship budgets, loan portfolio, and student appeals;
- Coordinate disbursement issues with Student Accounting and other University offices; Oversee staff in guiding students and families through all stages of financial awards via interpersonal counseling, publications, workshops, and correspondence with a keen eye towards constituent service;
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate all staff, with responsibility for meeting all communication, and state and federal compliance goals;
- Develop and coordinate programming and advising tools related to financial aid and financing options, including Open House and orientation sessions, entrance and exit counseling, and financial management workshops.
For College level courses a Master’s degree in Mathematics or related area [eg: Mathematics Education] required from a regionally accredited college or university. For Developmental Mathematics courses, a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or related area.
Broad understanding of developmental education, student success, and learning strategies.
3 years of teaching experience, including one year teaching developmental level courses
Patience and excellent communication skills
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...