Assistant Professor in Fashion Business
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is a government-funded tertiary institution in Hong Kong. It offers programmes at various levels including Doctorate, Master's, and Bachelor's degrees. It has a full-time academic staff strength of around 1,400. The total annual consolidated expenditure budget of the University is in excess of HK$7.5 billion.
INSTITUTE OF TEXTILES AND CLOTHING
The Institute of Textiles and Clothing is a constituent unit of the Faculty of Applied Science and Textiles, the pioneer of tertiary education in textiles and clothing in Hong Kong and the leading centre for education and research in the textile and clothing field in the region. The Institute is home to a wide range of academic programmes covering subject disciplines from fashion and textile technology, fashion and textile design, fashion and textile marketing and merchandising, to fashion retailing and distribution. These programmes are offered at various levels up to Doctoral degree in full-time and part-time learning modes. Please visit the website at http://www.itc.polyu.edu.hk for more information about the Institute.
Assistant Professor in Fashion Business (Ref. 18060408)
The appointee will be required to:
- teach and contribute to curriculum development at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels and supervise research students;
- initiate, lead and participate in research, consultancy and other scholarly activities leading to publications in refereed journals and/or exhibitions as well as awards of research grants;
- undertake academic and departmental administrative duties; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Institute or his delegates.
Applicants should have:
- a PhD degree in Fashion Business, Marketing Communications, or related disciplines;
- sound knowledge of university teaching and/or research/industrial experience in fashion retail operation, buying, customer relationship management, consumer behaviour, branding, advertising and promotion, marketing communications, public relations, luxury fashion or related areas; previous experience at international level and in the Chinese mainland will have an advantage;
- solid research and publication record in high quality scholarly journals or strong potential to publish in top-tier refereed journals as well as good potential in bidding for research grants and establishing significant externally funded research programmes;
- strong commitment to excellence in teaching and research; and
- excellent communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction.
Preference will be given to those who have strong research orientation and a good teaching record.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Remuneration and Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointment for Assistant Professor will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. For general information on terms and conditions for appointment of academic staff in the University, please visit the website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/TC.htm. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please send a completed application form to Human Resources Office, 13/F, Li Ka Shing Tower, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong or via email to email@example.com. Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or downloaded from http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/forms.php. If a separate curriculum vitae is to be provided, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Consideration of applications will commence in mid-August 2018 until the position is filled. The University's Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/pics.php.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...