Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Fashion Design (two posts)
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is a government-funded tertiary institution in Hong Kong. It offers programmes at various levels including Doctorate, Master's, and Bachelor's degrees. It has a full-time academic staff strength of around 1,400. The total annual consolidated expenditure budget of the University is in excess of HK$7.5 billion.
INSTITUTE OF TEXTILES AND CLOTHING
The Institute of Textiles and Clothing is a constituent unit of the Faculty of Applied Science and Textiles, the pioneer of tertiary education in textiles and clothing in Hong Kong and the leading centre for education and research in the textile and clothing field in the region. The Institute is home to a wide range of academic programmes covering subject disciplines from fashion and textile technology, fashion and textile design, fashion and textile marketing and merchandising, to fashion retailing and distribution. These programmes are offered at various levels up to Doctoral degree in full-time and part-time learning modes. Please visit the website at http://www.itc.polyu.edu.hk for more information about the Institute.
Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Fashion Design (two posts) (Ref. 18060407)
The appointees will be required to:
- teach at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels and supervise research students;
- lead curriculum development of fashion design;
- initiate, lead and participate in research, consultancy and other scholarly activities leading to publications in top-tier refereed journals and/or exhibitions as well as awards of research grants;
- lead and/or contribute to academic and departmental committees; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Institute or his delegates.
Applicants should have:
- a PhD degree in Fashion Design or related disciplines;
- sound knowledge of university teaching and/or research/industrial experience in menswear design, occasion wear design, knitwear design, fashion trends or related areas; previous experience at international level will have an advantage;
- an established track record in research scholarship, including exhibitions, production designs of high level or in high quality scholarly journals, competitive external grants and postgraduate supervision;
- strong commitment to excellence in teaching, research and professional service; and
- excellent communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction.
Applicants are expected to submit their fashion design portfolios including copies of ten samples of their artwork in CD format with a brief description of the artwork together with the completed application.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for appointment at the level of Assistant Professor and the job duty requirements and expectation would be in line with the appointed grade.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointments for Assistant Professor will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. An appropriate term will be provided for appointments at Associate Professor level. For general information on terms and conditions for appointment of academic staff in the University, please visit the website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/TC.htm. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please send a completed application form to Human Resources Office, 13/F, Li Ka Shing Tower, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or downloaded from http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/forms.php. If a separate curriculum vitae is to be provided, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Consideration of applications will commence in mid-August 2018 until the positions are filled. The University's Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/pics.php.
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com