Central Michigan University
The Central Michigan University College of Medicine (CMED) is seeking a highly qualified faculty member to join our Foundation Science Department to teach anatomy in an integrated curriculum.
Successful candidates will assume an educational role working with other faculty in delivering a cross-disciplinary and inquiry-based medical school curriculum that includes case-based and team-based learning. This is predominantly a teaching position with opportunities for administrative duties and scholarly research. The position is at the Associate Professor rank or higher, depending on credentials. The start date is negotiable. CMU College of Medicine encourages applicants from historically underrepresented populations, veterans, women, and other minorities to apply.
- Doctoral degree (PhD, MD/DO).
- Experience in and strong commitment to, innovative approaches to education and learning
- Ability or commitment to facilitate interactive learning in large and small group settings
- Strong collaborative and communication skills
- All areas of scholarly activity will be considered, but preference will be given for scholarly activity and experience related to medical education research.
- Candidates with advanced rank must have significant relevant medical school teaching experience of high quality in both large and small group settings as well as evidence of scholarship.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Experience with cross-disciplinary teaching
- Documented experience in patient-, case-, and/or problem-based medical education
- Experience with, or a strong knowledge of, pedagogical approaches such as team-based learning. Evidence of working in teams is essential.
CMU CMED encourages applicants from historically underrepresented populations, veterans, women, and other minority groups to apply. Applications must be submitted on-line at: https://www.jobs.cmich.edu. Keyword College of Medicine.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until filled. Electronically attach a letter of application, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching ability, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research/scholarly interest, and a list of three professional references, including phone numbers and email addresses.
Questions can be directed to Sarah Whitman, Search Committee Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 989-774-7213.
EEO Statement: CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex-based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie.)
If you wish to see “EEO is the Law” posters, please click here.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Central Michigan University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com