School Of Nursing Clinical Placement Coordinator
George Mason University
School of Nursing – Clinical Placement Coordinator
George Mason University, College of Health and Human Services, School of Nursing (SoN) invites applications for a full-time, 12-month administrative/professional faculty position with responsibilities for arranging and coordinating clinical practicum placements for all nursing students in the BSN, MSN, and DNP programs. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position requires a Virginia RN license, minimum of a BSN degree, and two to three years recent clinical experience in a health care agency in the northern Virginia area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with health-care agency partners to arrange appropriate placement of BSN level students in clinical settings for junior and senior level clinical courses
- Assists MSN and DNP students to find and secure placements
- Works with School of Nursing Assistant Deans and faculty coordinators on appropriateness of student placements
- Ensures all agency competency and compliance documentation is submitted and maintained
- Works with CHHS Associate Dean for Practice and Strategic Initiatives to ensure active contracts with clinical agencies are maintained
- Conducts site visits to clinical agencies to maintain Mason SoN presence, monitor appropriateness of site, and to new agencies to expand clinical placement opportunities.
- Master's degree (MSN preferred and if non-MSN, BSN degree with Master's in related field)
- Significant recent clinical experience in a health care agency in the northern Virginia area
- Unencumbered Virginia Registered Nurse license or eligibility to obtain upon employment
- Geographical familiarity with the metropolitan DC and northern Virginia areas, and familiarity with health care agencies in the region
- Previous experience with clinical placements and compliance documents or equivalent
- Knowledge of typical health and background requirements for clinical sites
- Experience with software tracking tools (e.g., Excel) for placements and student compliance
- Previous experience with student placement and with inter-agency contracts
Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications.
Reports to: Assistant Dean, BSN Programs, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services.
Collaborates with: Clinical healthcare agency personnel, SON Assistant Dean for MSN/DNP programs, CHHS Associate Dean for Practice and Strategic Initiatives, SoN clinical faculty, CHHS field placement coordinators.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA20EZ at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at George Mason University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com