Chair: Accreditation and Programming Development and Support
Reporting to the Vice-President of Academic Affairs, the Chair will assure the development, collection and dissemination of information regarding institutional accreditation, support college-wide curriculum development that promotes innovative teaching and learning as well as initiate the procedures for state authorization and compliance.
- Work with the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA) in supporting the planning of the institution's Yearly, Year Five, and Year Ten/Comprehensive and Substantive Change Reports.
- Serve as the liaison for the VPAA for the collection and dissemination of information about institutional accreditation.
- Work with the VPAA and Chairs and the local, national, regional and programmatic accrediting agencies that oversee quality assurance, accreditation, and compliance activities.
- Assist in organizing follow-up reports requested by accreditors and the institution's Annual Report.
- Ensure that any changes in basic institutional information are reported to accreditors.
Responsibilities: Program Development
- Serve as an ongoing resource providing the curriculum and instructional tools and support that promote innovative teaching and learning and ensures students are engaged, persist, and graduate.
- Grow and develop existing and new College web-enhanced traditional and distance initiatives in all healthcare programs.
- Work with the Chairs to develop and coordinate professional development activities that encourage innovative and engaged teaching and learning.
- Improve faculty access, knowledge, and confidence in their web-enhanced traditional, hybrid, and online courses and increase the use of technological tools that promote innovative and engaging teaching and learning.
- Work with the administration to identify resources for faculty professional development to ensure all programs are viable and flourish long term.
- Optimize quality of service, enrollment growth, and student satisfaction for students at a distance.
- Share and collaborate with administrators, faculty, and staff to fully engage in the discussion, development, and delivery of “messages” that tie online education to the College’s fundamental mission and priorities.
- Review internal data and external research concerning online learning that will help inform the development and expansion of quality online learning at the College including the review of courses using the eLearning Best Practice Checklist.
- Work with the LMS Administrator in the development and support of the College course design template.
- Review and update technology expectations/standards and professional development tools for web- enhanced traditional, hybrid, and online faculty.
- Review and update technology expectations/standards and tools for web-enhanced traditional, hybrid, and online students.
- Support the Vice President of Enrollment Management and staff in branding the College and understanding and differentiating the marketing and recruitment of traditional and online students.
- Support the Vice-President of Enrollment Management and staff in the development of online orientations and information sessions.
- Support the use of the College’s evaluative protocols to monitor student progress including the analysis and distribution of formative and summative quantitative and qualitative data (Student and Faculty Technology Surveys) which are critical to effective growth.
- Work with Chairs and faculty to ensure that the course design and technical tools and infrastructure can adequately support their programs and student enrollment.
- Work with the Library to ensure students have access, at a distance, to the Library’s catalogs, electronic journals, full-text databases, end-user searching, and reference resources.
- Identify, introduce and support model technology tools that support faculty and student engagement including synchronous and asynchronous tools.
- Identify and ensure that co-curricular organizations and events, if not incorporated with those on-ground, are of the quality offered to on-ground students.
- Support the administration and all departments in identifying college-wide processes that are not user-friendly or accessible to students at a distance.
- Support the administration and all departments in ensuring College catalogs, policies, procedures, and forms are online and accessible.
- Train and support staff in the use of technology that allows remote academic and career counseling to students at a distance to ensure an immersive, consistent, and quality learning environment.
- Design, develop and support partnership programs with third party institutions, organizations and businesses that further enhance and support students at a distance.
- Update the Distance Education Policy Manual that outlines the college-wide policies and procedures for distance education.
- Work with all departments to ensure smooth operations as the expansion of distance education impacts current policies, procedures, IT, operations, and culture of the College.
- Develop and implement a Faculty Online Training Certificate with “tiers of expertise” for all faculty.
- Update and implement a College plan of action for State Authorization compliance.
- As appropriate, oversee each programs’ application process state-by-state. Provide additional College and program documentation to state regulators as requested.
- Act as liaison between College and state agencies and regulators for all applications and compliance issues.
- Advise and guide current and future College programs in seeking authorization and compliance with applicable laws, while still supporting planning for growth.
- Contact and build relationships with the state regulatory agencies and their staffs.
- Represent the College before state administrative panels.
- Provide proactive and strategic advice to maximize institutional effectiveness for the purpose of authorization and institutional improvement.
- Secure the renewal and/or transition of authorization status on an on-going basis.
- Develop, review, and improve College legal compliance processes, policies and activities regarding authorization.
- Respond to state agency inquiries.
- Provide staff training on authorization standards and evaluations to assess compliance.
- Day-to-day advice regarding ongoing SARA compliance and operations.
- Maintain authorization status through periodic reaffirmation reviews and in the face of structural, financial or operational changes.
- Provide assistance in ensuring college policies and procedures are consistent with authorization standards.
- Provide clarity necessary to understand authorization expectations, which allows the College to focus on providing quality educational programs and services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experienced manager accustomed to spearheading college-wide operations spanning academics, curriculum development, strategic planning, and change management.
- Extensive experience working with national and regional accreditors including writing Self-Study and Substantive Change reports.
- Experience helping higher education institutions demonstrate compliance with accreditation and state and agency authorization and standards that govern the conduct of an accredited College especially in healthcare.
- Experience in all aspects of traditional and online higher education including demonstrated knowledge and expertise in curriculum development, professional development, leadership and technical and/or course design knowledge as well as best practices in online learning in healthcare programs.
- Professional experience and understanding of the nuances that distinguish a College’s legal authorization that characterize contemporary postsecondary education.
- An academic and legal background and knowledge that will help the College seize new opportunities and successfully meet the challenges of a constantly changing regulator and technological landscape in healthcare programs.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the postsecondary sector from a legal, regulatory, and business perspective.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and academic and professional standards.
- Master’s degree in education, education theory or learning management; a Doctorate degree is preferred.
- Higher education experience working with healthcare programs.
- Experience working with higher education regional and national Accreditation agencies.
- Experience working on Higher Education State Authorization as well as states that are members of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)
Information and Application Process Instructions
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Labouré College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...